Options

What do do next?

dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
Now that the VCDX prep is finished, I'm not sure what to do with myself for the next month or so. I've come up with 3 options:

Option 1 - Goof off. Play WoW, bunch of PC/XBox games. Not the most productive use of my time, but loads of fun. Wife's going to hate it.
Option 2 - Study for VCAP-CIA. It's the only VCAP I currently don't have. I have looked at the blueprint and it looks like my workstation lab isn't going to be big enough.
Option 3 - Study for PMP. Getting a PMP is a future goal, but not sure if I want to start now. Could be useful in VCDX Defense. Need to poke around the PMP forum to see which study material I should get.
2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
"Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman

Comments

• Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    I vote for Option 1. You need to finish all those Xbox 360 games before the Xbox One comes out. You have invested good money in these games and you need to get all the fun out of them you can to maximize the return on that investment. Annoying the wife is just a bonus.

Don't be too much of a couch potato, though. It's summer - go play outside.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Goof off. You've earned it.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    It's summer you butthead. Go out and enjoy what the area has to offer with your wife while she still likes you. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah - I would vote for option 1 too. All the hard work should earn a bit of play every once in a while.
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Decided to spend he next 60 days or so hacking monsters on WoW. I can still do some reading during my commute.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman