Options

Passed and have something to say.

ludwigludwig Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Glad I passed the exam and on my way to CCNA, got a score of 750. First of all I only used Comptia Network+ N10-005 edition by Mike Meyers. But be careful because there are some mistakes I found in the book, maybe like 5 (or more) I counted so make sure the material you read makes sense or look into other books. There was one part on page 93 (if you have this book), it has a exam tip that says that "For comptia network+ exam, you won't be tested on the TIA/EIA 568A or 568B color codes". And at the beginning at the exam there were 3 simulations and one of the simulations was regards to the color codes so I'm like wtf. The most difficult part was actually the simulations. The book will tell you what is this and what does it do but the sims will give you a scenario and you have to figure it out how to apply it to the best of your abilities. I believed that I bombed all three sims and passed just with just the multiple choices. Also the questionnaire that came with the book is way too difficult and does not resembles the exam but great for practice if you want the challenge. If you want some good practice I would suggest using this site sample questions, comptia free sample test (need sign up) and CompTIA Network+ Practice Test Questions (Exam N10-005)

thnx, gl!

Comments

• Options
    estergonestergon Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats !! And thank you for sharing your experience.

I also found a fault on Meyer's book and I informed the publisher. They said "thank you" and offered me a free book. They said they would issue errata.

Can you please give more details about simulation questions, what do they want you to do, it would be really good for us to what to expect and clarify in our minds.

Also, I noticed that each book covers some different topics, which I can not see on others. I think its quite normal. But have you seen any question on exam, which wasn't mentioned on Meyer's book ? ??

Thanks
  • Options
    ludwigludwig Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi! Before I mention anything else, I forgot to mention that I don't have any experience in networking.

During the exam I got three sim, they give you a scenario of what you're trying to troubleshoot/manage. Here's a basic example,

1. In one half side of the office WAP is strictly for guests.
    2. The other side needs the highest encryption possible for office workers.
    3. Select the appropriate directional of signal propagation (antennas).
    Then you the option to drag down a appropriate answers. The would be,
    1. Open wifi
    2. Wpa2
    3. The direction of the max signal efficiency

This is the simplest way to put it, there would be different diagrams and you just have to click here and there.

I have not come across a question that's not mentioned in mike's book so the actually pretty good overall. But as for as the sims go, it's not whether if it's covered in the book or not, it's the scenario. There was one sim question that I don't even have a clue to where to even start. But this is based on my experience so it can be different than yours. I wouldn't worry too much on it, good luck!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the heads up, i am also yet to write the net+ exam and congratulations on passicon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    estergonestergon Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for your answer Ludwig. I wish you good luck too for the future career and also exams
    I will also share my experience soon after I take my exam.
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!
    CCNA next?
  • Options
    hosein2000mrhosein2000mr Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations man. :)

You did a great job without having any networking experience.! ;)

I had a question from all friends here. it really worries me. I have been studying "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CompTIA Network+ N10-005 Cert Guide" book, written by " Kevin Wallace" for a long time. CompTIA official website mentioned this book as Authorized and Recommended book. But interestingly nobody talks about this book on the Forums. It has been mentioned very very rarely within the whole website!!!! I am getting worried as this book was not an appropriate choice....!!! icon_sad.gif
    [/FONT]
    What do you think Guys? Please help me

Regards
    hossein
  • Options
    bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    A quick search on Amazon reveals that the book has a good rating, and if CompTIA endorses it then I would imagine that it is sufficient to pass the exam. FYI: CompTIA Network+ N10-005 Authorized Cert Guide: Kevin Wallace: 9780789748218: Amazon.com: Books