Options

Mastercard and Visa Start Banning VPN Providers

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• Options
    evoxdcevoxdc Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow, so the right to privacy is coming under attack from financial institutions now?
    Considering Studying: MCSA Server 2012 (70-410/411/412), Linux+
    Reviewing: Java, C++, Reading up on Networking theory, Algorithms and general programming
    Studying: the color of my ceiling, taking a break
    Working on: Getting finances together. Personal programming project planning. Mental Detox before I have meltdown ;)
    Completed: M.S. in Information Systems Management[/b] w/ a focus on Systems Tools and Information Security
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yea, it seems that way. I thought way more people would post responses to this but I guess not.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    hoktaurihoktauri Member Posts: 148
    It is a holiday for much of the population here, and I'm not surprised at all. It seems like that have to cover their ass or get hit as partners in any illegal activity.
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yea, it seems that way. I thought way more people would post responses to this but I guess not.
    The headline seems somewhat overblown. It's not yet clear what role MasterCard/Visa played in this, if any.

Other services called this, "MasterCard and Visa banning VPN providers, says Swedish payment service Payson"--which is a more accurate description based on info available. The article you linked to has an update noting that, "Visa Europe told us that it 'has not been involved in this matter in any way, and has not made any such stipulations to Payson or to any other organization.'
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Ah no need for all that :p

Garage + router with 3G / HSPA+ dongle + Pay as You go SIM + HP Microserver + Dynamic DNS = sorted :)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    fiftyofiftyo Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    evoxdc wrote: »
    Wow, so the right to privacy is coming under attack from financial institutions now?
    If you wouldn't mind elaborating this a little bit. Exactly what does VPN and privacy have to do with online purchases? You still have to give out your full details during transactions, as well are your cards bound to you. From my perspective, the only reason you'd ever want to use a vpn in these situations is when you are using a card which does not belong to you.