Options

Passed!

abraham1493abraham1493 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Today I took my network+ exam and passed with a 780! I was so happy to see that score. lol Any suggestions on what I should take next. Not sure if I want to backtrack and take my A+, use my CCNA book to study for that, or go towards security. Advice?
Network+

Comments

• Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations on the Net+. Great Job!
    I wouldn't go back to the A+. Just my opinion. I would go for Security+ or CCENT/CCNA.
    Just so you know, the current CCNA will be changing in a few months, so your book may not be good if it's older.
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

I would skip the A+ and just jump straight into the CCENT/CCNA or Security+.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congratulations!!
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    Thank you all for the congrats and the info! I think I am leaning towards the security+, I really want to pick up a job in network support.
    Network+
  • Options
    nadinemyricknadinemyrick Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Abram, I am planning to take this exam next month
  • Options
    DenholmDenholm Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone know what the minimum passing grade for the N+ is, iv'e gotten mixed answer which range between above and below the score you got which you passed with?
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    aaronwaaronw Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Denholm wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the minimum passing grade for the N+ is, iv'e gotten mixed answer which range between above and below the score you got which you passed with?

"Passing score 720 (on a scale of 100-900)"

Network certification, CompTIA Network+ certification
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    Denholm wrote: »

the lowest score you can get is 720, highest being 900 take my score and divide it by 900, and it comes out to be 86% 80% is the lowest you can get and still pass.
    Network+
  • Options
    Congratulations Abram, I am planning to take this exam next month
    all the practice exams I took I never got above 82 most were in the low 70's range. I found practice tests harder but they helped a great deal.
    Network+
  • Options
    JayBliskJayBlisk Member Posts: 182
    Congrats bro!!!! IMO if I were you I would do the Microsoft 70-680 cert next. Unless you have some desktop support/ Help desk exp. Its really difficult to get an entry level position in Network Support without some sort of experience. Good luck on your next cert bro
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
  • Options
    chudig12chudig12 Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A job well done! Congratulstions! My advice, ho for CCNA. ICND1 should be more of a review now. I am preparing for Network+.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□