ICND2 passed

JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
Passed the ICND2 this morning before work on my 2nd attempt . Glad this one is behind, now to have a break from studying labbing and then I'll decide between CCNA-Voice or CCNP.

Used Odom's 3rd edition book as the main book. Although I did also read Sybex CCNA 7th edition book last year after passing ICND1. Also, used 31 days before CCNA and portable ccna command line guide latest edition when labbing on PT and on physical lab.
2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.

Comments

• pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job Jean!
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Both CCNA Voice and CCNP are great choices.
    Good luck.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Excellent way to head in to the 4th! Congrats!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
    Congrats man! Good luck with your next one!
    Certs: CCENT, CCNA:R&S
    Working on: MCITP:SA
    Goals: CCENT (ICND1) [Done], CCNA (ICND2) [Done], MCITP:SA
  • WilyOneWilyOne Member Posts: 131
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Congrats on the pass icon_cheers.gif
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Thanks all! Leaning towards CCNA voice right now, even though I do have CCNP Route/Switch/Tshoot books on hand already :/
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • kanecainkanecain Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCNA Voice and Security are both great. I'm doing Security right now, and lightly reading on Voice. Gratz on the pass.
    WGU - Bachelors of Science - Information Security
    Start Date: Jan. 1st, 2012
    Courses:
    Done!!!
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
    Thanks guys! Ordered the CCNA Voice cert guide last night and I was actually looking at the security line as well as I want to play with ipsec/site to site and ssl vpn more in an actual lab. I was thinking maybe creating a vpn tunnel with someone over the internet would be a good test scenario....
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!
    Thanks veritas_libertas!

Started watching ccna voice and security videos online and got my ccna voice cert guide in the mail :)
  • dasmoothridedasmoothride Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! I'm taking ICND2 soon any advice on what the test will emphasize the most?
  • IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! I'm taking ICND2 soon any advice on what the test will emphasize the most?

As you know, can't really share stuff like that due to NDA. What I did was look at the outline and went top to bottom on every subject from vlan/vtp to routing to access lists, routing protocols, frame relay, nat/pat/vpn and finally ipv6.

It's equally important to know all the concepts imho.
  • TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • StussyNzStussyNz Member Posts: 177
    Congrats. You are taking the path in which I hope to take; Look forward to seeing how your CCNA:V Goes!
  • gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • itorianitorian Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats even though its been 3 months. lol
    Catching up and read the trail of posts.

Hmm.. looked at the outline from top to bottom on every subject. Makes sense. My turn ;)