Options

Gns3 ccp

paq7512paq7512 Member Posts: 102 ■■□□□□□□□□
Studying for the exam and I have it all configured using the 3725 router, CCP is warning that router is not supported. I was able to discover the device, what does that mean? What router can I use that will support CCP under GNS3?

Comments

• Options
    xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    I got the same message at first when I tried to use a 2600 series IOS. I switched to the 7200 and it works fine. I didn't worry much about the why. I just knew that the 7200 series is what lots of people use for GNS3.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Options
    Thanks for the counsel, you are right about that. I need to re-do my lab but that is easy.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    CCP+GNS3 has been an interesting experience so far. At times it can be down right flakey.
  • Options
    jahsouljahsoul Member Posts: 453
    I found that the best router to use for CCP and GNS3 is the 7200.
    Reading: What ever is on my desk that day :study:
  • Options
    DANMOH009DANMOH009 Member Posts: 241
    jahsoul wrote: »
    I found that the best router to use for CCP and GNS3 is the 7200.

Does it not kill your CPU?

Honestly im just using the demo at the moment, which seems to work fine for me, i have spent far too long setting up scenarios and then it not working or failing half way through. My 3 hours of study used to be restricted to about 30 minutes after 2hr 30 min set up times
  • Options
    I have just the 7200 now setup for CCP, and the rest of my routers at 3725's.

Core i5
    16GB ram
  • Options
    gameboygameboy Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What ISO do you use that gives you all the feature set?
  • Options
    I was using this one - c7200-adventerprisek9-mz.124-24.T8.bin
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I should mention that I have been using C3725 image with no problems. It gives the warning but has not caused me any problems.
  • Options
    iamme4evaiamme4eva Member Posts: 272
    I did the 7200 the other day. A few "tweaks" to get it running under Windows 7, but it was straight forward enough. I'm using the advsecurity image or whatever it's full name is! (I'm not on my laptop).

I found that even with the best idle pc value the 7200 still chews more processor than the 3700's I normally use, but not enough to make a masive difference. I had CCP running and 5 7200's (as a test) the other day and my processor was at about 35% or so.

I actually wrote up how I got it working on my blog the other day if anyone's interested.
    Current objective: CCNA Security
    My blog: mybraindump.co.uk