Options

Passed my CCNP Switch Test... HURRAY!!!

ptlinvaptlinva Member Posts: 125
Hi Everyone,

Wow, talk about procrastination...

I knew that I had until sometime in July before my other certs (CCENT/CCNA) expired. So I've been haphazardly (if that's a word) studying...

Well, come to find out, everything for me expired on July 2nd. After reading about others experiences, you CAN NOT take the test that day, because that's too late. Therefore, July 1st was my BIG DAY... my LAST DAY... without having to start ALL OVER again!

I took off from work and crammed like I was in college from morning til night for a week straight... even falling asleep with my laptop playing videos besides me.

Well, I wish I could say I got a 900+ but I didn't. I did, however, pass with an 879. icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

WOW! That was the hardest and most stressful test I've ever taken! I'm not putting myself in that position again and have decided to go for the ROUTE and TSHOOT while it's all familiar.

My advice: Don't wait. Study now. Set a date. Stick to your plan. You can do it.

Thanks to everyone on here for I doubt I would have been able to do it without you... and TechExams, of course!

Your friend always,
Paul L.

Comments

• Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @ptlinva - congrats, man - now you are well on your way to being a CCNP! icon_thumright.gif

Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    JackaceJackace Member Posts: 335
    Congrats on the pass. Switch was the hardest test for me because of all the memorization it requires. Route has more info to digest, but because I could easily lab it and see how it worked I learned and retained the info better. Good luck with the rest of your CCNP studies!!
  • Options
    tink334tink334 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good Job!!! Who cares what the score is a Pass is a Pass.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats! Planning on taking ROUTE or going another...er....route? icon_rolleyes.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! What did you use to study?
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.