one 2503 isdn capable
one 2514 dual ethernet and can hook up to cable/dsl modem
one 2924 100mb switch
one 1924 10 mb switch
one console kit
one cd
3 transceivers
3 back to back cables

The 1924 switch may not help me much with the current commands!

I was planning on using this for my CCNA/CCNP studies.

Any feedback would be most welcome.

Regards

Eamonn :)
Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University

Comments

• Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    Most important, whats the damage to your wallet?
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    It will cost $1015 in total,that iincludes shipping to have it sent to Ireland.

I am a bit worried about difference in electricity standards of the US and Ireland.

In Ireland the residential 220v and industrial is 110v as i will be setting it up at my home and i was told that the equipment only ship with 110v cables.

I asked about the difference in the two standards and i was told that i only need 220v cables to replace the 110v cables that would be shipped with the equipment,however i am not so sure it is that straight forward, but i could be very wrong.

Any taughts on the subject would be most welcome.

Or if any one from Ireland has bought Cisco Routers and switches from the US and if you came across this scenario and solution could you let me know that would be great.

Regards

Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
  • Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The price seems too high to me.

I'm currently creating my CCNP lab and I have bought two 2501 and two 2503 for less then EUR 200 total.

Have you checked the prices for the routers on eBay ?
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • Options
    Hi Lordy,

I have'nt actually searched for seperate routers or switches on ebay i only searched for Lab kits as a whole.

There is no one in ireland selling Cisco items on ebay.ie. The nearest is England and most of the equipment does'nt support upgrades to the equipment, now i may be going about this all wrong.

You see i am not very well up on the equipment and i dont know if its a good deal or not!

Regards

Eamonn
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Greetings Eamo20 from another fellow Irishman.Dont worry about the voltage as the router has a built in transformer you only need to change the cables.
    $1015 is too much for that equipment also remember you will have to pay the tax so i recommend buying in Europe.
    In my experience buying from Germany is best and buying from Italy is a definite no no.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    Hello ed_the_lad,

Great to hear from you and thanks for the reply.

That also goes for the switches too i gather?

Have you bought Cisco equipment on ebay yourself?

Regards

Eamonn
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yep same with switches, ive bought all my cisco kit on ebay and to date i've never been ripped off.I have 7 2610's a 2611 and a 2950.Also i bought alot of cables and modules.
    The 2500 series is very cheap, you should have no problem getting them for about 40 to 50 euro.Forget about the 1924.The 2924 will cost a little more like 150 euro.The lab above isnt worth more than 600 euro and im being generous.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    ed_the_lad wrote:
    The lab above isnt worth more than 600 euro and im being generous.
    I agree.

Also, make sure the IOS on those routers is at least version 12+. Preferably at least 16MB RAM and 16MB flash, though 8mb/8mb will do fine for the 25xx routers unless you have an IOS that needs more.

Apart from the price, a lab with some 26xx routers and a 2950 switch would be ideal for the CCNA exam and will be a good basis for a CCNP lab. Although you can never have too many 2500s as they are a cheap way to create fairly large internetworks, which is very useful for the routing protocols (big part in CCNA, and everything for CCNP-BSCI), and they are still good for practice.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the good information, i am taking it onboard.

Best of luck to everyone on the studies.

Regards