Options

Programmers/Technicians Union

gatekeepergatekeeper Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
What do ya'll think of a programmers/technicians union and if you know of one what's the name?

Comments

• Options
    evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My experience has led me to believe that unions make things less efficient and tend to lock people into one way of doing things while taking their money. With the way IT changes so often, a union would not be able to keep pace. I think that you would be better off just taking your concerns to management. Do you have people who will not listen to you at your job?
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • Options
    pittelpittel Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    would have to be a private union ie club or forum like this place is. A lot of companies that I have been hired for or seen friends get hired at are having peoplesign a paper before working there that states they can not be part or join a union.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    It is very unusual for "professional" occupations to require the services offered by traditional unions. In this modern age, fair labor laws and practices have made the services provided by unions redundant and wholly unnecessary. The problem is that unions are themselves for-profit businesses, and it's difficult to shutdown any profitable business--even if it serves no real useful purpose.