Options

Solarwinds Certified Professional - Free Cert - How to

Comments

• Options
    kingholmeskingholmes Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It is still valid. I had to email a couple of times to get my exam information. Keep trying. I received the welcome kit last week. Very nice. Framed cert and a water bottle.
  • Options
    DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had to email a second time after waiting almost a week. After the second email I got a response very quickly.
  • Options
    KonfliktKonflikt Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I can also verify: I got the mail just today morning. (after a week of request).

btw, kingholmes: what do you mean under "water bottle"?
    for 2013: [x] 3x VCA, [x] VCAP5-DCA, [-] VCAP-DCD - failed. PASSED in 2014
    for 2014: [x] BACP, [x] SCP, [x] 70-409, [x] VCAP-DCD
    for 2015: [x] VCP6-DCV,
    for 2016: [x] upgrade VCAPs to VCIX6-DCV, [x] CCNA [-]
    2019: NEW job, back to again to the datacenter area:)
    My Virtual blog: vthing.wordpress.com
  • Options
    It was some sort of metal bottle or mug. I don't remember now. I can go back and look. Something with the Solarwinds insignia.
  • Options
    sounds great, thanks.
    anyway, what was the exam? was it hard? Are the provided video lessons enough to pass it?
  • Options
    mihir009mihir009 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed the exam with 71%,when I will get the hard copy of my certificate.
    Pls anyone reply me.
  • Options
    I passed the exam today,so how can I get the welcome kit?
  • Options
    They will send you an email and you verify your address or provide your address. Then you should get the welcome kit within a couple weeks. Not a bad deal for free.
  • Options
    Also passed today. If you haven't heard anything back after a week, I would shoot them another email.
  • Options
    dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can anyone say if the videos are enough, i have registered and downloaded a trial version, already registered.
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is this offer still valid? I sent an email about 2 months ago and haven't heard anything back since then.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    Doyen wrote: »
    Is this offer still valid? I sent an email about 2 months ago and haven't heard anything back since then.

There are about a dozen posts in the last couple of days saying that it is, including mine.
  • Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I sent an email in as well - this should be an entertaining diversion from my day job, at least.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Options
    astrogeekastrogeek Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How long does it take them to respond to their e-mails? I sent an e-mail this Sunday (3 days ago), got the automated response and replied with all of my info...but haven't heard back since then. I did send a followup e-mail yesterday because I see others needing to do so, but still no response.

I only missed 2 on the practice exams so I'd like to try this before my next review at work....anything helps when you're asking for a raise!!:D
  • Options
    I would continue to follow up with emails. For some reason, they do not seem to respond to the first email. Does not make a lot of sense but eventually you will get a response.
  • Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I sent my initial email on the 12th and got my exam credentials today.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Options
    chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Best of luck on the exam !
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• Options
    proph21proph21 Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Got registered. Took 2 days. Going to go through the videos, play around with the software a bit, read their tech papers on Netflow/SNMP, and refresh my self with some CCNA chapters before taking it.

SCP exam overview - my perspective | thwack

This is a link to a thread of a SolarWinds contributor giving good tips and overviews on the different domains of the cert (for those that wanted some more info aside from the exam prep guide of what they need to study up on).
  • Options
    I passed the exam on 12th December 2013,but I am not getting the welcome kit till now?
    I have also mailed my mailing address 5 times but there is no response from solarwinds.
    It is nearly 2 months completed there is no mails from solarwinds.
    Can anyone help me on this?
  • Options
    chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    I believe it takes a while to get your welcome kit. I will also try finding out the timelines for the welcome kit for you in the meantime.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• Options
    same on my side: passed on 27th of Dec, 2013, but I have not yet received the "welcome KIT"
    I have sent 2x mails, no answer.
    If anyone have an idea, info, pls le me know
  • Options
    eLseLs Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just saw this now and sent the email with the required information today. This is perfect for me I do NOC monitoring using Orion by Solarwinds for networks. Hopefully i hear back very soon I have my first annual review and would not mind to have this certification added by the time of that review for a bit of a bump on that green :)
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Information Systems
    2014 Goals: Solarwinds Certified Professional (SCP), Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT) and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
  • Options
    TylerBarrettTylerBarrett Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sent an email to the certifcation email address about two weeks ago or so and didn't receive a response yet so today I emailed the other address. We'll see if he responds.
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Sent an email to the certifcation email address about two weeks ago or so and didn't receive a response yet so today I emailed the other address. We'll see if he responds.

You also might want to post in the Thwack forums as well, that should get you a much quicker response.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    SteveO86 wrote: »
    You also might want to post in the Thwack forums as well, that should get you a much quicker response.

Thanks I'll do that.
  • Options
    wizkieswizkies Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    im gonna try this.. i will schedule this 6 months ahead of time if they will reply :)
  • Options
    Received my registration email today.
  • Options
    I still have not received anything; what is the other email address you guys talking about? I used certification@solarwinds.com and that is it.

I will try on Thwack forum as well too.

Edit- I found the Patrick email and send it to that as well. If there are others let me know. Thank you in advance.
    2014 Goals: Solarwinds Certified Professional (SCP), Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT) and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
  • Options
    fatalforcefatalforce Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I believe the instructions posted in the thread are now outdated. What you should do is register for the exam on the SolarWinds website, and they'll send an email to you automatically asking for your information. Reply to that email by copying and pasting the form and entering that information. You should get the registration within 24 hours. I did this Sunday night and received the registration Monday morning. They have automated the registration, so if you just send the email instead of replying to their email, they'll most likely ignore it until you contact them.
  • Options
    Thank you fatalforce I will register in the solarwinds website an update here if it worked.