Options

Solarwinds Certified Professional - Free Cert - How to

1235»

Comments

• Options
    eLseLs Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just to update I received the registration information so I am all set I believe to take the test. Did not click on the link to register for the test but I will do that when I am ready to take it so hopefully that will not cause issues.

Thank you everyone.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Information Systems
    2014 Goals: Solarwinds Certified Professional (SCP), Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT) and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
  • Options
    KonfliktKonflikt Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    eLs wrote: »
    I still have not received anything; what is the other email address you guys talking about? I used certification@solarwinds.com and that is it.

I will try on Thwack forum as well too.

Edit- I found the Patrick email and send it to that as well. If there are others let me know. Thank you in advance.

I have already done with this: I have sent a mail to Mr. Patrick Hubbard, but no answer. (since 17th Feb)
    So this is a dead end.
    I have also opened a thread in the forum, but no answer. There are others too...
    for 2013: [x] 3x VCA, [x] VCAP5-DCA, [-] VCAP-DCD - failed. PASSED in 2014
    for 2014: [x] BACP, [x] SCP, [x] 70-409, [x] VCAP-DCD
    for 2015: [x] VCP6-DCV,
    for 2016: [x] upgrade VCAPs to VCIX6-DCV, [x] CCNA [-]
    2019: NEW job, back to again to the datacenter area:)
    My Virtual blog: vthing.wordpress.com
  • Options
    eLseLs Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Go to solarwinds official website and register there and you should be good to go.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Information Systems
    2014 Goals: Solarwinds Certified Professional (SCP), Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT) and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
  • Options
    bckcbckc Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How do you get certified through this? Do they send you the certificate in the post or...?
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    how many "free" attempts are we allowed to take? :)
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I believe 3...
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    You can attempt the exam 3 times.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• Options
    failed my first attempt with 68.8% which is not bad :)
    I messed up the Orion section, the exam requires some hands on. I've only used NPM in very basic ways (top 10, device details)
    I knew the logic of things since I've been using Cisco LMS for years. However, the question choices assume that you know the names of the components and menus.

Anyway, a decent network mgmt exam.
  • Options
    passed today on my second attempt.
    95% of the questions are different from what I had in my last attempt. I was saying "Oh s***" during the exam. Most of the topics I reviewed were not covered in the second attempt, which makes me think that Solarwinds certification team is generating new questions each time. That's great! This should make it harder to pass.
    Bottom line: if you do network administration/mgmt on a daily basis, and have played with Orion components (which are available for free evaluation), you can pass it.
  • Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    I'll do the exam tomorrow, hope I can pass. I reviewed more on hands on our NPM and my Cisco's CCNA knowledge
  • Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    passed the exam... whew... more on CCNA question...
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Passed. SCP4092! icon_cool.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    jhemzjhemz Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is the free exam still available?