Options

Suggestions for a physical "away from desk" indicator

boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just moved into new cube. Great location in a corner with windows on two sides and nobody behind me. Problem is, people have a hard time knowing if I'm at my desk since I'm way back here and am usually pretty quiet. Right now I'm using a simple little flag with red and green sides on top of my cube wall to indicate whether I'm sitting at my desk so people don't waste the time walking all the way back here to find me.

What I would really like is some sort of indicator light, or maybe even a traffic light toy (or something like a light-up TARDIS would be cool), that I can switch on/off when I leave my desk. This being a techy forum I figure people might have a good idea of what kind of neat/unique gadget I could put up on the wall to show people from across the room that I'm home.

Comments

• Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Invest in Lync so they don't even have to walk over, can see if your available and send you a message.

I would say set up one of these. Motion tracking USB missile launcher - YouTube pointing out in to the office and set to go active when you are away from your desk.

People will be able to tell from a distance if you are there and if the still approach. well.....
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.