Options

Best and Worst IT Cities to Get a JOB?!

sharpescaladesharpescalade Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey lets hear from people....IM in LAS VEGAS and let me tell you, i know everything about getting a IT job here....

I wil list it when i have more time...

I want to hear from people ALL over..why is your city GREAT or BAD about getting a IT job?

Try to include FACTS and UNBIASED information...this would be a great tool for people to know HOT cities..or simply cities that support IT rather than downsize it.....

Be specific please....THANKS!
Compaq Accredited Professional ~ HP Systems Engineer ~ CompTIA A+ ~ CompTIA Network+ ~ CompTIA i-Net+ ~ CompTIA HTI+ ~ CompTIA Project+ ~ CompTIA Security+ ~ INTEL Certified Solutions Provider

Comments

• Options
    gatekeepergatekeeper Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In las Vegas like any city you have to know sombody and have skills
  • Options
    filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Knoxville, TN has some really good tech schools like ITT Tech and Fountain head that offer Associates and bachelors in technical fields. We have a good Community college named Pellessippi Tech that is Regionally accreddited to transfer into UT's Computer Science and Electrical and Computer Engineering programs. Pellessippi also offers technical assocites degrees in IT, High Performance Clustering Computing, etc. So there are lots of educational options.

We have a new Horizens for Certification testing and Computer learning Bootcamp style classes.

There are lots of Entry level jobs that come about every week. Lots of help Desk positions and PC tech positions to get started in the industry. We have US Cellular, SAIC, lots of Tech companies in our sister city of Oakridge.

Lots of mid level to advanced positions each week also, but the high end salaries are not so high end due to the fact that the cost of living is so low in this area. Most Professional IT people probably make between 38,000 to 50,000, with the High end CIO type positions making 80,000 to 150,000 dollars a year.

Low cost of living, nice weather, on the doorstep to the smokie mountains, nice place to live.
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller
  • Options
    filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Oh yea, we also have the Oakridge National Labratories near by with many opportunites abound. Oakridge is the home of the Atom Bomb.
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller