Options

Passed 70-462 Today!

over9000over9000 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
After failing the first time with a 550, I passed 70-462 with an 850. :D The test was pretty hard, but manageable. I don't have a lot of SQL Server experience besides basic SELECT queries and JOINS, (so yes there is hope for beginners!). I had about 50 questions with 6-8 drag and drops. I used the following materials to study:

1. Read the Entire Joes2Pros Series to get a foundation in SQL Server 2012 + T-SQL Fundamentals
2. Read the book Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Administration
3. Read the 70-462 Microsoft Press book (I know some people don't like it, but I thought it was pretty good!)
4. Used Measureup.com to practice questions

Comments

• Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nice work I couldn't even pass the first one LOL.
  • Options
    knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    Well done on the pass!
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    papaguapopapaguapo Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I just passed 461 and am moving on to this one.

Is the time/number of questions similar to 461? (I just noticed you said ~50 questions...)

Did the material covered follow pretty true to what the exam objectives say?

Did you try the practice test questions from the Microsoft Training Kit book? I found them to be way off for the first test and far too easy. Are they more realistic for 462?
  • Options
    planetbobplanetbob Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! And thanks for posting your study materials.

I am taking the 461 next week. I found the measureUp test that came with the training kit way too easy with a lot of trivial questions. I bought Transcender and got my ego deflated - after scoring 92% on measureUp I only scored 60 on Transcender. I'm hoping the real test isn't that hard (which is what I've heard).

I think I'll stick with Transcender for the 462, better to be over-prepared than over-confident.
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    @planetbob, please let us know how you do and how you feel the actual test compares to both measureUP and Transcender. This will be very useful for future test takers.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.