Options

CWNA Today

Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
Going to sit for the CWNA exam today in about 6 hours. A little nervous, but feeling confident as well. I've been studying for about a month for this test. Hopefully if I pass the first time then I'll be on to CCNA.

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    Good luck! Read slowly, ask yourself why each answer option is or isn't correct, and mind the clock.
  • Options
    Alright thanks for the advice this is my first pure wireless cert. I'll update you on the results after the exam!
  • Options
    just passed my exam!!! they let me in early since no one else was there. Wish I would've know that I would've came earlier lol but o well I'm just glad I passed! :D
  • Options
    viveksamyuviveksamyu Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    May i know from where you got the materials? Because am planning to go for the training course. If some **** are there i can learn myself. Awaiting for your reply....
  • Options
    edo.sundayedo.sunday Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi. Pls how can i get material for CWNA
  • Options
    Sorry @viveksamyu its been awhile since I've look at this part of the forums, but to answer both of your questions I got the Sybex Official Study Guide its good on info, but like most Sybex books I have read they are boring to the point I had to put the book down go do something else to get my tolerance level back up. I would researcher more on certain topics the book goes into. Good luck to both of you!
  • Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! icon_cheers.gif I'm going to be sitting this one in about 2 weeks. :D
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    Thanks good luck on your exam!
  • Options
    Blade3DBlade3D Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Nice same route I am going. CWNA to CCNA, hoping to take CWNA mid August.
    Title: Sr. Systems Designer
    Degree: B.S. in Computing Science, emphasis Information Assurance
    Certifications: CISSP, PSP, Network+, Security+, CySA+, OSWP
  • Options
    Thanks, and good luck! I'm hoping to get Security+ after CCNA to transition smoothly into CCNA: Security
  • Options
    Arod95 wrote: »
    Thanks, and good luck! I'm hoping to get Security+ after CCNA to transition smoothly into CCNA: Security

Ya I was thinking about taking Security+ after CCNA, but I might just move into the penetration testing certs I want to get.
  • Options
    I would want to do the same thing, but I heard for the tools you need to be good with the CLI since most tools are linux based. I'm not so good with linux yet so I was gonna go for Linux+, and RHCSA before tackling some pen testing Certs unless CEH, because I heard CEH touches the tools but doesn't go that much in-depth like OSCP.
  • Options
    Arod95 wrote: »
    I would want to do the same thing, but I heard for the tools you need to be good with the CLI since most tools are linux based. I'm not so good with linux yet so I was gonna go for Linux+, and RHCSA before tackling some pen testing Certs unless CEH, because I heard CEH touches the tools but doesn't go that much in-depth like OSCP.

My plan is CWNA->CCNA->CEH->CHFI->ECSA->LPT->OSCP->OSWP

More or less something along those lines, though I am thinking about after CHFI going for a Masters from WGU. Only reason I might do Security+ is because I don't think I'd have to study too long for it. I'll check Linux+ out as I am not too familiar with that operating system.
  • Options
    Yea my plan is kind of similar, but I want to get a little into linux+ first. And yea Security+ shouldn't take to long to study for with all the certifications we go for that touch Security in the material a lot of what we learn from other material is like they bring it all together so it shouldn't take too long.