Options

I'm doing a free webinar on spanning tree for CCNA candidates

reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
Hi guys,

Most of you probably don't know me here but I posted a lot on the CCIE forum previously where I blogged about my journey to CCIE.

I'm doing a webinar at the Cisco Learning Network about spanning tree for CCNA candidates. It will cover things like PVST+, RPVST+ and I'll show how to configure and verify these protocols. If you are interested sign up here.
Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149

Comments

• Options
    WilyOneWilyOne Member Posts: 131
    Hey this looks way legit. Thanks!
  • Options
    pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for posting. I'll sign up!
  • Options
    SGITSGIT Member Posts: 52 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will have to check it out. That is the subject I am currently on for the ICND2. I am hoping to finish it today and move to the next.
  • Options
    NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    Signed up! :)
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Was not able to join meeting. I did not have access to Wi-Fi at the time of the webinar, so I could not "use a computer" (my laptop - I won't pay extra just to be able to tether my phone) as Cisco is demanding because "access to this meeting is not supported on mobile devices". From Google, it seems to indicate that you have to tick some kind of box when creating a meeting to allow mobile devices (mobile devices are not allowed by default) to connect which is kinda ridiculous [on Cisco's part] in this day and age.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    Cisco uses WebEx. No idea if there's even a mobile version, but I had to install it on my PC before I could even connect.

The good news is the webinar was recorded, so you'll be able to watch it later.
  • Options
    reaper81/Daniel, Thanks for the webinar. :)

I understand the need to know the history and development of protocols, but for the CCNA exam do we need to know the details of the older versions? (Anything besides RPVST+)

Also, some of the switchport modes you covered struck me as rather esoteric - perhaps CCNP material. While it's good to know, for CCNA purposes do we need to know anything beyond the basic portfast command? Thanks
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    WilyOne wrote: »
    Cisco uses WebEx. No idea if there's even a mobile version, but I had to install it on my PC before I could even connect.

The good news is the webinar was recorded, so you'll be able to watch it later.

I installed the WebEx Android App, but it still said that I had to use a computer for that meeting.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Any chance that the webinar was recorded?
  • Options
    NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    @eansdad ^^^See above^^^

Didn't get a chance to hop on yesterday, got caught up at work -_- Anyone got a link to the recorded version?
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security