Options

CCENT now and over Sept

VenomSdMVenomSdM Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi everyone, i have a doubt i hope you can clarify!

If i take ICDN1 (CCENT old version) before the end of September then i could continue with CCNA new versions?
I have taken the books some months ago and i think i can't pass the whole CCNA so i'm thinking of hard study only for ICDN1 in order to pass it before the retirement of Sept. It could work?
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    rob_crossleyrob_crossley Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    usually with these things if you have started your CCNA (in this case passing your CCENT) you get a period of grace to pass the ICND2 exam before they say you need to pass newer versions of both.
    Study Hard! Learn Hard! Earn Hard!
    "If you stop learnin, you stop earnin!"
  • Options
    I have to pass the ICND1 already, so my guess is..."Can i rush and take CCENT before the end of Sept and be safe?"
    Are there some official sources about the matter?
  • Options
    jonragejonrage Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yes it can work - you have plenty of time to prepare for 640-822 - then your ccent will be valid for 3 years.
  • Options
    Ok good one, but in these 3 years i have the same qualification as the ones who will be certified with the new exam?
  • Options
    SkydivingcowsSkydivingcows Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    VenomSdM wrote: »
    Ok good one, but in these 3 years i have the same qualification as the ones who will be certified with the new exam?

Yep. It's still going to be listed the same way. If you take the newer certifications than you may want to classify some type of distinction or bring it up somehow, to distinguish that you may be a step above others
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    VenomSdM wrote: »

You will each have precisely the same "CCENT" credential. You will have taken different roads to get there.

The more savvy among your recruiters and interviewers may ask which version of the test you passed--after all, that's what they did when the CCNP exam changed. Similarly, some of your competitors will point out the difference, perhaps even on their resumes.

Passing the old one is a step forward. Passing the new one is a step and a quarter forward.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot, now it's clear!