Options

How to Connect my laptop to my home network?

kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
What would be the best way to setup my laptop to connect remotely to my
office network? Should I run the New connection wizard on the laptop and then select Connect to the network at my workplace"? Or is there another way of doing this maybe use remote desktop conection?

Comments

• Options
    darkmagicdarkmagic Member Posts: 127
    kadshah wrote:
    What would be the best way to setup my laptop to connect remotely to my
    office network? Should I run the New connection wizard on the laptop and then select Connect to the network at my workplace"? Or is there another way of doing this maybe use remote desktop conection?

What kind of a connection do you have at the office & what kind of connection do you have at your home. Let us know & we can probably provide you with some specific information
    321hahaha.jpg
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    You would need to provide more details. How is the network going to accept you? VPN?
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    I am going to say VPN is the best.
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    darkmagicdarkmagic Member Posts: 127
    jescab wrote:
    I am going to say VPN is the best.

I was thinking of the same but did not know if he had a static IP connection at his office.

You would have to provide some more details buddy.
    321hahaha.jpg
  • Options
    kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Sorry for the vague description
    i was in a hurry out the door and had my daughter type the info for me. Here the deal, I have a potential client with a simple network consisting of 2 desktop computers and router plus a laptop at home that's needs to be connected to the desktop to work with files. I think all computer are running WinXP also they have a broadband connection at the office and at home I think. What are some intelligent questions for me to ask to the client in order to know what my options are? Based on the info I just provided what are my options? I've never learned how to setup
    VPN I would love to roll up my sleeves on this one should I just run the wizard and then tweak it any suggestions?