Options

Ticsa

dissolveddissolved Inactive Imported Users Posts: 228
I passed this in August and have yet to receive any formal information (no emails or mailing).

What is the norm for this cert?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Sorry, I have no idea. But I would like you to post your thoughts on the TICSA exam. I was looking into taking it. What were your qualifications to take it? What were the questions like? And how did you study for it?
  • Options
    ehadsellehadsell Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took TICSA about 6 months ago. I remember that I had to contact them after two-three months. Same thing where I hadn't heard from them.

Did you register at their website and put your training/experience there? It's been awhile but I remember that had to be done before certificate would be mailed.

The exam itself isn't bad. I would compare it to SSCP. A wide ranging but decently technical security exam. The book from Que Publishing was a great resource (and about the only one). I just wish TICSA had more industry support.
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    congrats to both of you...
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    theProwlertheProwler Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I remember when a co-worker and I passed the TICSA exam in April 2004 - it took forever to get the actual paper certificate in the mail. We emailed the company and they said that they were 'experiencing technical delays in getting the list of people who passed' from the actual test vendors.

Ultimately - it was a challenging exam with an easy format (multiple choice) and the questions were not real tricky. I studied using the only TICSA book that is out there (the blue one!).

~ Regards