Options

Yup, I passed CCNA !!!!!

BookFellaBookFella Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
Took the composite exam today after 6 long months of study and passed!!!!! I'm so glad I got this one done. It was a tough one but I felt like I did pretty good when I got done answering the last question (with a little over 3 minutes left lol). My study resources listed below:

Cisco CCNA in 60 Days: I started off with this one just to get a feeler. Don't know about getting it done in 60 days but the way the author lays out the objectives gives the reader an planned, well laid out, organized study path.

How TO Master CCNA: I got this one from GNSVault, tried the sample and liked the way it's laid out, and visual presentation is one of my favorites. I like Rene's style of teaching with the visually rich examples. This one was more of a supplemental read.

Lammle 7th Edition: The book that got the job done for me! I had tried reading the Odom books a couple years ago but it was a dry read to me. Lammle makes reading and learning CCNA a fun topic. I highly recommend this book!

CBTNuggets: Jeremy is da man!!!! nuff said.

EDIT: Lol!, so exited about passing that I forgot to add one other resource that I had left off the list:

101 CCNA Labs: Got the kindle version, probably some of the best $10 I spent on a training resource (now down to $5).

For labbing, I used Packet Tracer, GNS3 and 3 x 2950 switches.

Next up? well, I'm taking some time off before I jump into another cert. I've dedicated so much time into studying for this that I think I need to give myself some time off. I think I'll pursue more Cisco certs (CCNP) but for now it's time to catch up on my DVR recordings and some video games (Last Of Us...here I come!!!! icon_smile.gif )

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!!
    I spent about 6 months taking both exams which I started at the beginning of the year. My next certs are Linux+ and VCP

The Last of Us is amazing also playing DeadPool sooo good!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow you took the full CCNA and passed? YOU my friend are a dragon slayer!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    Congrats on pass!!
    I spent about 6 months taking both exams which I started at the beginning of the year. My next certs are Linux+ and VCP

The Last of Us is amazing also playing DeadPool sooo good!! icon_thumright.gif

Thanks! man I've got so much catching up to do. Forgot I haven't finished God Of War Ascension icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    Thank you all!
  • Options
    blueberriesblueberries Banned Posts: 138
    good for you, feller.
  • Options
    safari___safari___ Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    bbarrickbbarrick Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!
    Did you ever try Portal 2?
    It's a different kind of game, but still challenging and still fun.
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! Took the full CCNA when I first passed, but that was in 2007 so different story of course. Nice job passing!
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass! Enjoy The Last of Us. I heard its amazing.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    BookFella wrote: »
    101 CCNA Labs: Got the kindle version, probably some of the best $10 I spent on a training resource (now down to $5).

I got the Kindle version also. The print version is $87.39 (Amazon), while the Kindle version is $5. You could literally buy a Kindle ($69) just for that book and it would still cost less than the print edition. I installed the Kindle App on my phone to read it. BTW, "CCNA in 60 Days" is also $5 on Kindle.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    treehousetreehouse Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great job! I took (and failed) the composite three times before going the two-test route. You're brave.
    2015 GOALS

VCP [ ] VCP5-DT
  • Options
    silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
    Big congrats there! I don't know if I could do that composite exam :P
    Certs: CCENT, CCNA:R&S
    Working on: MCITP:SA
    Goals: CCENT (ICND1) [Done], CCNA (ICND2) [Done], MCITP:SA
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Ah where's your sense of adventure?

I did 640-802 in one attempt :) Not easy though I will admit!
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□