Options

Teaching the new CCENT/CCNA curriculum webinar

Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just got word if this -
Todd Lammle will be presenting a free webinar - Teaching the new CCENT/CCNA Curriculum. He will cover the major changes in the curriculum.

The webinar is scheduled for July 23 2013, 1:00pm EST and is 1 hour in length. Registration is required by going here - Wiley Faculty Network – Teaching to the new CCENT/CCNA curriculum: Todd Lammle helps you restructure your course for Fall

Should be interesting...

Comments

• Options
    This event starts tomorrow, 1:00pm EST. Should have some very valuable info for CCNA students!
  • Options
    galorybergaloryber Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just registered. I've finally decided to start the new CCENT/CCNA. I actually pre-ordered the 100-101 book by Wendell icon_redface.gif, so I might be a little slow to start, but it was a well deserved break, ha.
  • Options
    bbarrickbbarrick Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Was able to watch the first half of this, he's pretty good. Looking forward to his new network sim software.
  • Options
    adrianKeithadrianKeith Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How did this go? I totally missed it.
  • Options
    How did this go? I totally missed it.

It was good although he made the new 100-101 seem quite a bit more intimidating. Sounds like his new books are going to be more in line information wise with Odom's, possible better with his new Packet Tracer like sim he's making available free to students or anyone who buys his book. I will probably pre-order it this Friday.
  • Options
    bbarrick wrote: »
    It was good although he made the new 100-101 seem quite a bit more intimidating. Sounds like his new books are going to be more in line information wise with Odom's, possible better with his new Packet Tracer like sim he's making available free to students or anyone who buys his book. I will probably pre-order it this Friday.

I was afraid of this but at the same time, it gives me more time to study. I thought about taking the current ICND1 test but thought it to be a better idea to test out on the newer series. Thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    I was afraid of this but at the same time, it gives me more time to study. I thought about taking the current ICND1 test but thought it to be a better idea to test out on the newer series. Thanks for the heads up!

What I thought was interesting is he hinted to the idea of getting companies to see the CCENT(even suggest Cisco take the E out) as the new CCNA. I'm not sure if I should take it as though Cisco will ramp up the difficulty of the exams after Sept. 30th or he is suggesting that those taking the CCENT should know more than what some of the other authors/educators are hinting at. If I get an email with a link to the recording I'll post it for you and see what you think.
  • Options
    bbarrick wrote: »
    What I thought was interesting is he hinted to the idea of getting companies to see the CCENT(even suggest Cisco take the E out) as the new CCNA. I'm not sure if I should take it as though Cisco will ramp up the difficulty of the exams after Sept. 30th or he is suggesting that those taking the CCENT should know more than what some of the other authors/educators are hinting at. If I get an email with a link to the recording I'll post it for you and see what you think.

Thanks bbarrick, I appreciate it. Did he happen to mention when his book will be out? I looked on amazon and it had a date of August 13th or so.
  • Options
    I didn't hear a specific date, he just said the book and network simulation software would both be ready in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for the link, it was full of instructors. I felt like a spy amongst them! Todd thinks that CCENT is now harder than the old CCNA. I might change my plans and get the old CCNA out of the way before 30th September.
  • Options
    Saw this yesterday -
    Todd Lammle Webinar: The new ICND1, ICND2, & CCNA R/S, going through certification objectives step by step.
    Aug 22, 9:00-10:00am PST - Learn iT! Private Registrations
  • Options
    blueberriesblueberries Banned Posts: 138
    Why doesn't Todd have his CCIE digits yet?