Options

Packet Tracer issue

catakcatak Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
Why when i go to " show mac-address-table ", only the vlan1 interfaces show up and no other mac addresses....a switch is supposed to automatically learn directly connected MAC addresses. I'm trying to complete a Lab that covers port security. I've sent a ping request to the switch from PC and yet the switch will not learn the MAC address on fa 0/1. I've enable sticky and pre-configured the port. I'm using 5.3.3..Need some help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    busines4ubusines4u Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What does your configuration for the switch look like? Or are you able to attach the packet tracer files you are using for examination?
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Make sure you put an IP address on VLAN1 on the switch, do a "no-shut". Send a ping to it, the mac address will appear.
    ...works on 5.3.2.
  • Options
    catakcatak Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've assigned 192.168.1.5 for Vlan1 and did a "no-shut". I can see the MAC address for fa 0/1 if I input "show port-security int fa 0/1", however, if I hover the mouse over the switch it doesn't show any MAC's assigned to the table. I also send a ping to vlan1 from the PC.
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When you mouse over the switch - that is not the mac address table, that just shows you what ports are on the device.