Options

Buying through Ebay.

cbolarcbolar Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am looking around to purchase a lab within the next few days and I have been browsing through Ebay like crazy. I am seeing some really awesome deals on 1841 routers for about $70 per unit. My only concern would be that some of these units might not have any version of IOS shipped with it. What are you guys looking for aside from directly mailing them that would stand out saying "This is legit, but it". I am currently enrolled in WGU and I am expecting to be doing the CCNA and CCNA:Security within the next two months after my Linux+ cert.

I like the idea of going to a company to purchase a pre-setup kit. I just don't agree with the price tag/older equipment that they give.

Comments

• Options
    bbarrickbbarrick Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Many of those auctions are companies who refurbish and resell that equipment. I always look for a seller with a good history and reputation and send a message with any questions I may have about their product.
  • Options
    cbolarcbolar Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply, so far I've been seeing sellers with great feedback. However they aren't to knowledgeable about what they are selling so far. The other part though is that I am still learning and this is all very new to me. It would be awesome to find someone with at least (3) 1841 routers (2) 3550 switches and (2) 3560, that would completely make my day!
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just find an ad with a show version. You'll know the router boots and what code it's running. You won't get the best deal that way, but you'll have the least risk.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%