Options

Finally passed CCNA composite :-)

Donnelly82Donnelly82 Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
Finally did it! took a few attempts but got there. The last one i took i got a score of 815, was gutted haha, but there was a problem with one of the sims, whenever you entered the c key it parsed the command. so in talks with pearson vue about it.

BUT I PASSED TODAY, and man what a feeling,icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif, i actually started to shake when i seen the 920 score. awesome awesome awesome. Taking a wee break from studying now, and then maybe hit the security trail :)..... im off to Abu Dhabi for a year, at the end of august, and hopefully somebody will give me an IT job icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif.

Its 1:43 AM and im buzzing, so sleep isnt coming soon.

weeeeeeeeeeee

Comments

• Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!
    Always a good feeling when you see that passing score.
  • Options
    Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congratulations!! May I ask what material did you use and how much labbing did you do? also any recommendations on what to study hard?
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    cheers SharkDiver icon_smile.gif

@Arod, study materials was loads. Used CBT Nuggets, very very good, jeremy puts it across informative, but humorous, which keeps it interesting. The ccna Wendell odom study guide, online material, this site, other books. If you have a smartphone the CCNA prep app, is very good and tough.

I also used material called configure terminal, i never watched all the videos, but the sims are great, command memorizers, were awesome, and give a really good feel for the exam type questions. Got it off of ebay, think it was £60

as for labbing, get a lab, and lab till your fingers bleed. Cannot give any better advice than lab lab lab. you need to know your way around the ios, command lines, configuration modes. the lot. Whats good is when you get stuck, you just keep chipping away at it.
  • Options
    BookFellaBookFella Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass Donnelly82!!!! I too passed the composite exam recently. Welcome to the club!!!!!!
  • Options
    WilyOneWilyOne Member Posts: 131
    'Gratz on the pass!
    Donnelly82 wrote: »
    If you have a smartphone the CCNA prep app, is very good and tough.
    Which one? I have an Android phone and see a few apps related to CCNA. What is the exact name please?
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Congrats man!
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    survivor030406survivor030406 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • Options
    WilyOne wrote: »
    'Gratz on the pass!

Which one? I have an Android phone and see a few apps related to CCNA. What is the exact name please?

It's called CCNA Prep on iPhone. Very good, sets of 15 questions! Handy for any spare 5 mins, or sitting on the loo icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    WilyOneWilyOne Member Posts: 131
    Donnelly82 wrote: »
    It's called CCNA Prep on iPhone. Very good, sets of 15 questions! Handy for any spare 5 mins, or sitting on the loo icon_smile.gif
    OK if it's the one by Global Knowledge, I have it now (on Android). Thanks!
  • Options
    safari___safari___ Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Shaking :D Good Job!
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    that's awesome! Way to keep at it!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
    Congrats man!
    Certs: CCENT, CCNA:R&S
    Working on: MCITP:SA
    Goals: CCENT (ICND1) [Done], CCNA (ICND2) [Done], MCITP:SA
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nicely done :)
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    EXAMCCIEEXAMCCIE Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! good score!!!