Options

Starting new job at VMWare

Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
I will be starting a new job at VMWare within the next week and I'm so excited about the new opportunity with lots of advancement, learning, and overall growth which my last position was lacking. I couldn't advance any further to a higher role at my previous company so I decided to start looking as I wasn't being challenged so I get bored very quickly. I also got denied a raise or any type of promotion. I did get free Microsoft Unitek IT training classes from time to time to improve my skills/knowledge however I got no additional duties/responsibilities. It was a small company and I enjoyed working with my co-workers, great boss, and it was a great experience overall. I'm excited for the new adventures and horizons as a Data Center Operations- Systems Engineer. I was there about 1 1/2 years and I picked up a few Cisco certs along the way. I can get my VMWare Certified Professional (VCP) finally I was always looking to pick up a server virtualization cert.

A nice salary jump around 15-20k higher, stock, benefits, free paid training, and bonuses which is so cool never had that before!! icon_cool.gif

Time to start looking at new cars (Mustangs, Corvettes) hehe... icon_lol.gif
*Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
*Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63

Comments

• Options
    DyasisDyasis Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    At VMware?! damn nice! lol

Congrats, that is awesome
  • Options
    TheProfTheProf Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 331 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good stuff and congrats!!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats man! I'm betting on my current employer doing an IPO in the next couple of years so I can fund a Maserati GT MC Stradale. If it doesn't pan out I'll hit you up for a ride in whatever you get icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Dude, that's great to hear! Best of luck at the new gig!

go big or go home, get the ZR1 icon_cool.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    A really nice one! Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice ... I applied for the first time when I got my VCP2, then 3,4 and back at 5 and never even got to the interview stage :p
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    blueberriesblueberries Banned Posts: 138
    Dakinggamer likes hilbilly automobiles like me, pretty cool, now all I need is a job at VMWare.

COngrats!
  • Options
    geno1904geno1904 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats!
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Big timing it! NICE!
  • Options
    SoulSearcherSoulSearcher Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Time to start looking at new cars (Mustangs, Corvettes) hehe... icon_lol.gif

This was my exact thought too once I got my promotion icon_biggrin.gif GOOD LUCK, gonna be a fun ride.
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the new gig!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    RoyalRavenRoyalRaven Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Very nice!

If you do need someone to talk to about the company itself as you start, do let me know, even if it's little stuff. I have a good friend who works for them and could supply some pointers or advice if needed (and he wouldn't be in your direct chain-of-command..lol).
  • Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Like everyone else has said congratulations to you!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone looking forward to this new opportunity!! icon_thumright.gif

@QHalo: The 2014 Corvette Stingray is at the top of my list in choosing my next car.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    WOW! Congratz! So a Data Center Operations- Systems Engineer? Sounds like fun! :)
    Best of luck with the VCP --- lots of material to know!

Accepting TE members on linkedin?
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    WOW! Congratz! So a Data Center Operations- Systems Engineer? Sounds like fun! :)
    Best of luck with the VCP --- lots of material to know!

Accepting TE members on linkedin?

Thanks!! Since I get the company paid training that's pretty sweet so I can pursue it.

Yeah sure feel free always looking to build my networking circle.. :)

• Options
    So I wanted to update my TechExams members of how everything is going at VMware and it's going great so far!! I start my vSphere class this week on Monday and I'm going to enroll in my vCloud Director class shortly after. icon_cool.gif

• Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Congrats on the new job!

I have mixed feelings about getting a new car, though. I'm the type to keep a car for years, and have already decided that if I ever get another car, it'll probably be a straight cash purchase for a used vehicle.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @instant000 exactly my point. Cars are the worse investment. I have a 2006 trailblazer and a 2001 cougar and these things run great.. The wife is trying to talk me into a new SUV though :)
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    SWtacomaSWtacoma Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratz! I think the new vette is so sexy! lol
  • Options
    -hype-hype Member Posts: 165
    Nice to hear another success story.

How was the interview process?
    WGU BS IT:Network Administration
    Started: 10-1-13
    Completed: 9-21-14
    Transferred: 67 CU Completed: 54 CU
  • Options
    ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
    Congratz!!! icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif Good luck in your new adventure. A new Corvette would be a nice purchase. Make sure you post some pics if you decide to buy one.
  • Options
    thronetmthronetm Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    thenjduke wrote: »
    Cars are the worse investment.

That's why you don't call cars investment but expensive toys :D
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on landing a new job it's always a pleasure hearing such success stories and keep up the hard work well done!!!

And good taste on the chose of your new car.icon_wink.gif