Options

Starting new job at VMWare

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    6 months at VMware and going strong I have passed two Associate exams (Cloud, Data Center Virtualization) and I'm in the process of taking my VCP exam in a few weeks!! icon_cool.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    earonw49earonw49 Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Such an awesome new job!
    WGU B.S. IT - Progress: Feb 2015 - End Date Jan 2018
    WGU M.S Cyber Security & Assurance - Progress: March 2019 - End Date June 2019
  • Options
    earonw49 wrote: »
    Congrats! Such an awesome new job!

Thanks it's easily been the best job I have had thus far in IT!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    ledywhiteledywhite Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks for the follow up! Awesome to hear the position is great!
  • Options
    3 certifications in my first six months at VMware:

VCA-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCP

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Someone is in beast mode.
  • Options
    N2IT wrote: »

For real
  • Options
    N2IT wrote: »

All my friends said the same thing haha.. starting my B.S. IT-Security degree in February at WGU!! :)

• Options
    TheProfTheProf Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 331 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good stuff dude, keep that up :)
  • Options
    TheProf wrote: »
    Good stuff dude, keep that up :)

Thanks gotta keep on going till I hit the six-figure salary range of $100-$150k/yr. and job as an IT Manager!! ;)

• Options
    GBAKER2204GBAKER2204 Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your new(ish) role. Sounds awesome!
    WIP: 2017 - VCP6.5-DCV (Achieved), VCAP6-DCV, Citrix CCA-V
  • Options
    GBAKER2204 wrote: »
    Congratulations on your new(ish) role. Sounds awesome!

Thanks!! icon_thumright.gif

• Options
    Got my first bonus at VMware and I will be taking my VCP-Cloud exam very soon. I also just started at WGU!! icon_thumright.gif

• Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Moving right along, keep it up!
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats bro! All your hard work paid off. Good for you =)
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Good stuff! Remember that conversation we had a while back... 10% of that bonus comes back to me icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Awesome job! I must have overlooked this thread in the past. I've often seen myself working for a couple of choice vendors down the road...

Have you always been located in CA? Or did you move there for career advancement?
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Options
    nestechnestech Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I will be starting a new job at VMWare within the next week and I'm so excited about the new opportunity with lots of advancement, learning, and overall growth which my last position was lacking. I couldn't advance any further to a higher role at my previous company so I decided to start looking as I wasn't being challenged so I get bored very quickly. I also got denied a raise or any type of promotion. I did get free Microsoft Unitek IT training classes from time to time to improve my skills/knowledge however I got no additional duties/responsibilities. It was a small company and I enjoyed working with my co-workers, great boss, and it was a great experience overall. I'm excited for the new adventures and horizons as a Data Center Operations- Systems Engineer. I was there about 1 1/2 years and I picked up a few Cisco certs along the way. I can get my VMWare Certified Professional (VCP) finally I was always looking to pick up a server virtualization cert.

A nice salary jump around 15-20k higher, stock, benefits, free paid training, and bonuses which is so cool never had that before!! icon_cool.gif

Time to start looking at new cars (Mustangs, Corvettes) hehe... icon_lol.gif

Congrats...
  • Options
    xenodamus wrote: »
    Awesome job! I must have overlooked this thread in the past. I've often seen myself working for a couple of choice vendors down the road...

Have you always been located in CA? Or did you move there for career advancement?

Thanks buddy!! Yep, I have always lived in California in the Bay Area. Then a few years ago I decided for career advancement to move to the Silicon Valley easily the best move I made!! :)

• Options
    nestechnestech Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thenjduke wrote: »
    @instant000 exactly my point. Cars are the worse investment. I have a 2006 trailblazer and a 2001 cougar and these things run great.. The wife is trying to talk me into a new SUV though :)

Happy Wife happy LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What, no pictures of a new Stingray yet?! You know it has to be Cyber Grey - because, of course, cyber grey! icon_lol.gif
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Options
    What, no pictures of a new Stingray yet?! You know it has to be Cyber Grey - because, of course, cyber grey! icon_lol.gif

Still saving for the down payment hehe.. Cyber grey or red are top color choices!! icon_cool.gif

• Options
    Got my first raise after a year and my second bonus on the way!! icon_thumright.gif

• Options
    anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations man! Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    Time flies by been at VMware for 1 1/2 years now while knocking out a few certs along the way. Also, I'm less than 10 classes away from finishing my Bachelor's degree at WGU!! :)

• Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    This is what determination and perseverance truly is. Great to see you getting all that work experience and powering through those certs.

Big up bro!
  • Options
    Happy for you Dakking! Also thanks for adding me via Linkedin!

Rooting for you over here in Tennessee!
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Time flies by been at VMware for 1 1/2 years now while knocking out a few certs along the way. Also, I'm less than 10 classes away from finishing my Bachelor's degree at WGU!! :)

I think the most important question though is did you ever get the vette yet?
  • Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thats awesome congrats man!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management