Looking for a new position (Old Post;New Forum)

TonyATLTonyATL Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have recently posted this question in the CCNP forum, but I would like to get some more feedback or ideas. Thanks

I have 10 plus years in Telecommunications. I am currently a systems tech for a large service provider working mostly in the Central Office. I have work experience with Nortel Networks’ DMS 100/500, ISDN, DWDM, SS7, CSU/DSU configuration, and OC-12/48/96 circuit provisioning. Over the past year, I have assisted in hardware installation projects beefing up our backbone with Cisco’s Layer 3 switches and routers, but the Cisco experience is just mainly hardware related.

I want to move away from being a technician and I want to take on the role of Network Engineer. I am currently working on my CCNP/CCDP and should be finished by the end of the year. Will my Telecommunications experience and my CCNP/CCDP be enough to land me a mid-level Network Engineer Position?

Comments

• jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Check out similar jobs on the major job sites and see what employers are asking for core requirements.
    What next?
  • filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You should go to US Cellular's website and search for IT and Engineering jobs. We have them all over the country and you definetly have the exp.
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller
  • TonyATLTonyATL Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, I posted my resume on monster and careerbuilder, but I'm still waiting for the job market in Atlanta to pickup.