Options

CCENT/COV1 (WGU Students) Any Advice?

kirk_nckirk_nc Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Eveyone,

Who all has taken COV1 at WGU? I am currently enrolled in this course preparing for the CCENT exam. Starting off I am amazed at how much detail goes into this exam, there are a lot of things about networking I did not know icon_sad.gif So far I am a little discouraged but I plan on continuing this battle/waricon_lol.gif. Anyway the resources provided are...
  1. LearnKey (5 video sessions/labs/post&pre assessments) .
  2. Course book is (CCENT/CCNA ICND1 640-822 Official Cert Guide, 3rd Edition)CCENT/CCNA ICND1 640-822 Official Cert Guide, 3rd Edition
  3. Pearson Network Simulator
  4. Cisco Learning Labs
  5. Cisco Practice Exams

So of course I'm stoked to read a 1000+ page PDF book (Thank you Adobe Read out Loud) but I wanted to know if these resources are sufficient for the exam? I also purchased LabSim/Test CCNA for a discounted price...How reliable is LabSim for the CCNA/CCENT?

Any advice what so ever will be helpful!! I would just like to hear about your experience with this course at WGU.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have no experience with this course, or WGU. Before I passed my CCENT, I had some decent knowledge of TCP/IP and a desire to learn Cisco. That's it. I passed the exam with the book you are using and other online resources. I would think you have more than enough material to be ready for the exam. However, with the deadline approaching you need to buckle down and get it done. Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    kirk_nckirk_nc Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks pamccabe,

Id imagine the material will suffice and you're absolutely right about the deadline. I have until Sept 30th to finish both courses (CCENT & ICND2). I usually hear people take up to 6 months to sit for these exams...I am a little worried about that too...I only have a total of 3 months(started July 1st). I almost feel that I should take a step back and obtain my Network+ and then move forward...im not sure.
  • Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    I just finished this course. The Learning Labs (for the videos), Network Sim and Cisco Press book are priceless. I had experience with Cisco kit before but I didn't use any other resources.

Just make sure you understand everything in those materials. A tall order for sure, but it'll definitely get easier for you. Run the labs in the network sim multiple times, because it's free, then run through the Cisco Learning Labs. These are timed (25 hours). They include videos and labs but your time is decremented by working on either.