Options

Not sure if Its a good time to move on to another job

keeranbrikeeranbri Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone,

I have not been in here for the longest time. The last time I was here, I had been looking for an IT position for a long time
but had been blessed with a Help Desk Analyst job for about 1 1/2 yrs.
Job pays pretty good at 18.50 an hour which I can't complain and I also had the honor of working from home now since June.
However, lately our staff in the service desk has been eliminated and just the other day we lost 5 help desk clients, due to the loss of clients and other things.
We also lost like 3 or 4 other agents about a month ago, so basically our office is becoming like ghost town besides the other people that work there but are in a different department like insurance.

Now even the big boss of my supervisor, is leaving this Tuesday because he exploring other opportunities outside of the company now
Should I be worried? Seems like no one is telling us something but seem like they are getting rid of us or downsizing
pretty quickly. We have a another location, which Arizona which is our bigger location..so I'm wondering if they will centralize everything there.

Anyhow, lately I have been getting a lot calls, for job opportunities, mostly contract to hire, and there is one that is actually paying
$24.00 an hour, and is second shift from 3.00 - midnight. I have never done that shift before, but would like to hear some feedback if anyone has ever worked shift like for help desk
I was wondering if that would be good opportunity for me to move up and get higher pay, although I would lose my benefits for my family and would have to look for an outside insurance in the meantime
But sometimes, its just so risky to take those jobs, but I was told you will never move up if you just stay where you are.
So, need some help If I should take the job if they offer it to me. The job is for a technical Analyst

Comments

• Options
    bgaudybgaudy Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would talk to your supervisor before he leaves.. Get the lowdown on what is happening with your department, and also see if he/she'd be willing to exchange numbers for references (both ways).

This is happening in my company too at the moment, as there are different locations for different areas of support (in 4 different cities) They are downsizing our department and I spoke with my supervisor and now have a glowing recommendation letter and a good reference.

I would be on the lookout now for jobs, if you arn't all ready, because its better to have something lined up and not need it than the other way around.

Good luck!