Options

Good Afternoon All!

etv23etv23 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I plan to take my A+ somewhere this year. The only thing is, I don't know when or what to study. Presently I have almost a year of experience as an IT Help Desk Technician. As for my educational background I have an A.S. in Network Engineer, and now currently working on my B.S. in Information Systems Security, no certifications yet. It is hard for me to find some study time since I work 6 days a week. During the week of Mon thru Fri my hours are 5am to 5pm and right after work, I head to class from 6pm to 10pm. I find it already hard to study materials from class.

So far, for A+ study material, I have cram session study guides and the Mike Meyers recent edition A+ book. I haven’t touched either of them. Today I just realized I should push myself, what do you all think? Also, do you think I need more study materials? Or the cram session, Mike Meyer’s book and materials in this site should be fine?

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Start with a copy of the Objectives from CompTIA's website. If you are confident with all those review with the Meyer's All-in-One book. Passport books are nice, but I haven't read the A+ Passport. Usually they need to be the companion book to somthing else.

If you feel ready take it. Hard to tell someone else they should hurry and take the test.

If your goal is the end of 2005...you have ample time to make that happen.

Best wishes.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    etv23etv23 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. I will than post here when I do pass the A+ :)

cheers!
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Well, we are here if you have any questions before then too :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've ordered and received the All-in-One A+ book today and was surprised when DHL delivered it to the doorstep. Then I knew why: the book is huge!
    I could instantly see that it was rich of content. I would certainly prefer using this instead of the Passport books from MS. I think those will be to much concerned to MS specific hardware, according to their WCHL.