Options

Highest paying IT jobs in the nation? Where?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ukiltmybruthaukiltmybrutha Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Stay away from Tennessee.. The pay is no more than ****. I hear everything is bigger in Texas, though.
    Funny, lol.
  • Options
    sieff wrote: »
    i checked indeed.com just a few days ago and I did see a role for a Sr. Architect, which is described as competent in Voice, Wireless, R&S and Data Center. the pay was $175-190K in NYC. Ideally, this is the type of pay and role I'd want.
    Wow on that one. I notice those wages tax free cleared in Afghanistan. Cleared wages out that way that I have seen are generally 180-220k. I'd go in a heartbeat if I didn't have a family with me.
  • Options
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    SC Clearance being the lowest one, then it goes up to DV (Top Secret) with several possible top-ups ...
    I keep getting offers for SC cleared and DV cleared jobs in UK. Not sure why I keep getting them when I am a US Citizen with expired UK ILR (e.g. permanent residency).
  • Options
    mjoymjoy Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have recently learned that careers in Mobile Application Development is listed as the highest paid IT jobs of today. The salaries would definitely depend on the country but it says iphone developers are highly paid in the UK, Australia and US. I got that info from this infographic.
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have to disagree with TN. I make six figures and live comfortable.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    thenjduke wrote: »
    I have to disagree with TN. I make six figures and live comfortable.

You're an exception to the rule. I have a buddy that lives in TN and he hates it.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think TN may be a lot like NC. If you are in one of the large cities you can probably make a decent income, if you are not, you will probably not make jack squat.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    I live in between Oak Ridge and Knoxville. Oak Ridge is supposed to be a tech and science powerhouse and Knoxville is a fair city in it's own rights. I don't make crap when put next to others with a similar position in other areas. I am not just talking cost of living adjustments either.

Medical is big around here, IT is just an associated cost for most companies.

Less than the money though, is the jobs. There just isn't anything around. So people take what they can get and the pay is low because the workforce is larger than the job pool.
  • Options
    CoolMikeCoolMike Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i checked indeed.com just a few days ago and I did see a role for a Sr. Architect, which is described as competent in Voice, Wireless, R&S and Data Center. the pay was $175-190K in NYC. Ideally, this is the type of pay and role I'd want.

+1 to this. I live in upstate New York (About 60 miles north of NYC or 1.5 hour drive) and most people up here commute via 1 hour train ride into the city for work and most say they hate it. My goal is to move into Jersey with a 20-30 minute commute and still make the same money that those people are, especially since most my family lives in the city (BK/SI/Jersey) Considering I work for a non-for-profit small healthcare center making 36k as help desk. I could move, pay double the rent and make double the money and still come out on top lol.
  • Options

I get those too and it is like what the heck is that job about lol! They keep sending them too me and I am like gaaaaaaah!