Options

Implementing NetScaler 10 1Y0-A28 exam practice test

damon28damon28 Banned Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just wanted to see if anyone has recently taken the Citrix 1Y0-A28 exam and what their thoughts were on it? What were the recent materials you used that were a good source?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I found that site a few weeks ago and came away thinking they were a braindump. But I guess I should've read into it more, but this is what turned me off:

1Y0-A28 Practice Exam
    I personally purchase the braindumps from **** sites to check out the “competition”, and what I regularly find is that somewhere between 30% and 60% of the answers are wrong! It’s always 60% or more wrong answers when they first release a Citrix practice exam because they are just guessing. They don’t have Citrix experts working at the braindump sites, I can guarantee you that. I doubt that any braindump site has a NetScaler 10 Subject Matter Expert creating their cheats! They have one mission and one mission only: to get the braindump on the market as fast as possible to start making money. They don’t care if you pass or not, as long as they have your money.

That was one of the very first sentences I read from that website and closed it almost immediately. After reading the site some more, it seems my concerns were unfounded. I'm glad too, because there's no test material for Netscaler out there other than this site!
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yeah no need to worry about his site.

Certguard is another way to double-check if you have concerns: http://www.CertGuard.com/Search.asp?Site=citrixxperience.com
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Passed this test recently. I've been a Netscaler admin for about 8 months, made a 2-site Netscaler lab and went through all the links in his free guide and purchased the practice test. I passed, but it wasn't pretty. I only did about a week of labbing/reading/flashcarding, so that's to be expected. It's a pretty hard test in the sense that it covers lots of features that you probably won't use regularly unless you're deploying these in varied environments often. All the information you need to do know is out there in the eDocs, but it's hard to tell which parts are more useful than others. It's a shame there aren't dedicated cert guides for this particular test out there, but I guess the demand doesn't exist for this versus XenApp/XenDesktop, which you can actually buy books on.

Both the Citrixxperience and Citrix practice tests are much easier than the real thing, although they do cover material you need to know for the test. The passing score is only 60%, so if you use these things on a regular basis and spend some time with the docs and labbing, it's doable. Having a networking background is a big advantage as well.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%