Options

Doubting if I'm ready

Boxer77Boxer77 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
This forum has been a great help in studying for the CCNA exam. I'm trying to knock them out before the Sept. 30 deadline. I read Odom's book. I bought the Boson tests and took the first one. I also took the practice test that came with the Odom book. On both tests I scored a 650 or in the 690s. Do you think if I study a lot in the coming days I can pass the CCENT exam on Friday? I leave for vacation on Saturday and would like to get it off my chest before then. I also don't want to put myself in a bind for the second test.

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Take the Boson Exam sim.

Can you go through the labs without thinking about it?
    - At the same token, you already know what output you should see and what matters that you've studied?
    ie: show ip int brief will bring up... this and this and this
    - What is unexpected that should bring up red flags? What do those flags mean?
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    sixtytensixtyten Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've been using the Boson exam to prepare for the test next week. I think I'm planning on Monday but I want to go through the exams and study my weak spots a few more times to make sure before I schedule it. I may push it back a few days if I feel I need more time. The Boson exams really help you spot your weak areas. If I miss a question, I note the subject and mark my book (Todd Lammle book) to make sure I go over that area again. After I study up on the weak spots, I try the test again. I'm finally passing the Boson exams by doing this. I find that some questions you REALLY need to pay attention to what they're really asking and the only way to weed through this is to know the material.

If you have time to really study hard you might be ready by Friday but honestly I think you would be better off waiting until after vacation. Maybe you could bring your book and do a little studying while on vacation. I would only feel confident taking the test once I consistently pass the Boson exams.