Options

CCENT 100-101 Comparison to Others

JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all! My apologies if this was previously mentioned elsewhere as I did not find it in a quick search. I am working to get my CCNA:Security and wanted to start out with the CCENT (100-101). How does this compare to other certifications like the Network+? Will most of the information be similar except for the obvious Cisco proprietary items that they would want you co over? Anyone want to share their experiences with both? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I already did network+, and I would have to say right now CCENT looks more challenging than Net+. The book I'm reading for it Odom's library series, and it starts of with network fundamentals on the level of Net+ for Part 1 out of six. Just finished Part 2 today, and those five chapters were all about configuring switches/routers/port security/vlans etc. all from the Cisco IOS CLI. I haven't been able to remember every single command, but I want to go through the book then watch the cbt videos, and then start labing like hell. Part 3 looks like is all about Ipv4, and Subnetting. Along with Part 6 being Ipv6, and most likely subnetting. It took me two months to prepare for Net+, and if I had more equipment to use I would say it would take the same time but with more dedication. Having Net+ info does help with understanding how everything works, but with the New to people like us Cisco IOS CLI, and all of its wonderful Configuration and Show commands it sure will be very challenging. Good luck on your adventures with Cisco, and I wish you the best!