Options

More reasons phones are not registering

skwira001skwira001 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
In addition to the tricks you can use in the hardware section of the introduction of the lab manual, you also need to name your voice vlan. I could not figure out for the life of me why the phones were not registering. A simple vlan 25 name Voice command fixed the problem. It did not matter if I did not name the access vlan however.

Comments

• Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    What switch are you using? If you copy/paste and or load an existing config the VLANs are sometimes not auto created. I'm suspecting that it has nothing to do with the name, but by entering the VLAN config you inadvertently created the missing voice VLAN. Just because you see the VLAN referenced in the config it doesn't necessarily mean its in the VLAN.DAT.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    skwira001skwira001 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It is a c3550 switch which is the same switch Jeremey uses in his CBT Nugget videos.
  • Options
    DerekAustin26DerekAustin26 Member Posts: 275
    I came across this very same problem. I added a new conference phone to our network. Model: 8831 and it would not register. I checked and made sure it was in the correct VLAN and that it got it's DHCP info. Powercycled it.

The fix? I had to download the latest device pack from cisco.com and uploaded it to CUCM and restarted CUCM after hours. The reason is, my CUCM was not aware of these models (as they are new), so therefore it couldnt' support them.