Options

Passed CCNA R&S

dj_5001dj_5001 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Thank you all for the support and showing the right way. I often used to visit here when I was having difficulty in understanding and the forum here helped me out. Just on 15th of this month I gave the composite exam. I was nervous as hell but finally made it across.

Also now I am thinking to go after CCNA security please tell me if that's the right way to go since I don't have any networking experience.

Thanks again.icon_lol.gif

Comments

• Options
    JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Did you take the single test route? If so, how was the difficulty of the test compared to what you were expecting?
  • Options
    BookFellaBookFella Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!! I too passed the composite recently (July 17) and after taking a few days off I'll start working on CCNA Security.
  • Options
    silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
    Congrats! I'm kind of in the same boat and not sure what to do next, I'm thinking one of the CCNA specializations but I'm not quite sure which...
    Certs: CCENT, CCNA:R&S
    Working on: MCITP:SA
    Goals: CCENT (ICND1) [Done], CCNA (ICND2) [Done], MCITP:SA
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats! Can't help you with the next steps yet, as I am trying to determine the best logical path as well.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats! Your best bet right now would be to find a job so you can gather experience. That will prove to be more valuable than any cert.

CCNA Sec is entry level, nothing too serious so you won't have much trouble with it. The thing is that you are likely not going to use or apply the stuff and end up forgetting most of it. IMHO, it will be best to get a job and start working on the CCNP. After that you can take any specialization you want and get the most of it.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    dj_5001dj_5001 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @Jinuyr:- Initially I was also confused how to go about it the reason I choose the single test mode is mainly because of the friend who was prepairing the same with me . The guy was very helpful and with his support and a lot of brainstorming sessions ( kidding ) and my practice I pulled this one. @Master Of Puppets :- I think your suggestion is probably good as compared to just going after the certs as in the real world I will still have no practical knowledge about the stuff. Thanks!!! Also for all of us who are thinking of talking the exam I would say that PT and the labs are most important things in doing CCNA as there are numerous labs that will help to understand the basic concept of R&S. Stuck to them and I don't see ay reason why you cannot qualify with flying colors. Thanks again for all the feedback but keep it coming.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□