Options

Got a job interview help!!

pixa241pixa241 Member Posts: 207
Ok so after revamping my resume I have gotten a few call backs for interview. One particular job that I really want is for a school district and have an interview set up. I am looking for any and all tips for the interview from some of you that have had experience in school districts or just any advice like what should I expect for them to ask me and what I should say as well as what questions I should ask after the interview to help me ace this. Here is a full job description so you guys can see what the job is.
http://www.fresnounified.org/dept/hr/employees/info/Job-Descriptions/classified/white-collar/Systems-Technician-I.pdf

Edit**** Ok so i just got a call back and the appointment is for this friday but it is not the interview, she said it was a practicum? I guess it is like a test. This will be my first time taking one of these. if anyone has taken one, i would appreciate any tips.

WGU Complete: September 2014

Comments

• Options
    cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Make sure you can explain everything you have written on your resume. Dress appropriately and professionally.

I like to bring a notepad, or something with me. I write down questions I can think of before the interview, and separate them into HR questions; Job questions. Ask questions like what OS' will I be working on? what is the team size like ect.

I like to have at least 10-15 questions pre-thought out. When conducting interviews it is the single most stand out quality in a interview IMHO. If you're asked if you have any questions for the interviewer and you can come back with very specific and relevant questions you will stand out.

That's just my 2 cents. Good luck.