Options

70-640

I passed 70-640 today.

My thoughts on the exam is this one is a beast and it is hard. My Pro tip for taking this exam is read all question carefully and trust your gut instincts. Try to use all the tools the only install when you add a role.

What helped to pass is this forum, so I thank you all. I read ever comment every post about this exam and took away all of your experiences. I humbly thank you. Also, IF you want to pass the first time around, build a lab. Get experience any way you can.

Also read more than two books.
My close friend lent me this book, Windows Server 2008 PKI and Certificate Security. you get can the kindle or nook bok versions
dead tree ED are out of print and can up to $100 on Ebay.

I quickly went through it ... I helped with the ADCS type questions.

Sorry for my poor grammar. I am dyslexic.

Comments

• Options
    dehgrahdehgrah Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats I take my 70-640 tomorrow afternoon eastern, this will be my third time taking the exam I failed last month with a score of 681 .
  • Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! This exam is definitely a beast. @Horusthesun, you are absolutely right, read EVERYTHING carefully. Microsoft Exams are notorious for tripping you up with their wording. Congrats again on the Pass! icon_cheers.gif
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Congrats! Whats the next step?
  • Options
    billyc123billyc123 Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is 640 will get you another certification ?
  • Options
    horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
    dehgrah wrote: »
    Congrats I take my 70-640 tomorrow afternoon eastern, this will be my third time taking the exam I failed last month with a score of 681 .

Thank you, so much ... Remember Keep Calm ... you got this.

Go watch Avengers movie then before you go to bed do some light reading.

God Speed! I wish you the best
  • Options
    Lexluethar wrote: »
    Congrats! Whats the next step?

Thanks!! I am studying for the Security plus to take at the end of August. Also I am starting to watch the trainsignal videos for 70-642 ... just to watch them its better than the mindless stuff on TV and I can't find my disc1 of Season one for DragonBall Z

However my Ultimate goal I to be a MCSE in Server and Desktop Infrastructure and have a C|EH
  • Options
    Same here, good luck. Studying for 642 right now. Failed it about a month ago with a 650 and was just burnt out. Slowly getting back into it now.

Do you have the 646?
  • Options
    the book or the cert?

I have one book --> the MS press Self Training fr the 70-646
    I am hunting on Ebay for more resources

Do you know any good reading material?
  • Options
    SANVERSUSSANVERSUS Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    can u tell me the institute which is suitable for training this course..
    please
  • Options
    I was curious about the cert since you said you were going for the MCSA - so you'd need the 642 and 646 since you already have the 640.

I have MS publishing book for the 646 but I haven't cracked it open since i'm still going for the 642. I'm not going to get my hopes up high on the 646 book material considering the MS publishing book for 642 wasn't as comprehensive as i wanted.

No i don't have any good book suggestions, i've always just used the MS publishing book, studied the exam objectives from the microsoft website and labed a ton.

In response to Sanversus - we need to know where you are located to give you any suggestions. Most community colleges have programs that offer classes that go over these exams and others (like CCNA). I've take one class for the 642 which was only a week long course, 8 hours a day for 5 days. It was good review but didn't go into enough detail to pass the exam. I personally would suggest purchasing a book, read, lab and study. It may take you 4 months to pass it but you will save 1500 or so dollars on a course.
  • Options
    SANVERSUS wrote: »
    can u tell me the institute which is suitable for training this course..
    please

Yourself.

built a lab

read technet if you can't afford all the active directory books

watch both trainsignal and cbt nuggets ... then take notes.. wite them out it will help

and practice .... and practice and then practice some more

Microsoft Certs are base on Experience
  • Options
    Lexluethar wrote: »
    I was curious about the cert since you said you were going for the MCSA - so you'd need the 642 and 646 since you already have the 640.

I have MS publishing book for the 646 but I haven't cracked it open since i'm still going for the 642. I'm not going to get my hopes up high on the 646 book material considering the MS publishing book for 642 wasn't as comprehensive as i wanted.

No i don't have any good book suggestions, i've always just used the MS publishing book, studied the exam objectives from the microsoft website and labed a ton.

In response to Sanversus - we need to know where you are located to give you any suggestions. Most community colleges have programs that offer classes that go over these exams and others (like CCNA). I've take one class for the 642 which was only a week long course, 8 hours a day for 5 days. It was good review but didn't go into enough detail to pass the exam. I personally would suggest purchasing a book, read, lab and study. It may take you 4 months to pass it but you will save 1500 or so dollars on a course.

I haven't looked at my book yet. either... mmm are the Inside and Out series any good?
    Ok .. I am trying to get the college course-ware for the 70-646 on E-bay and I keep getting snipped .... I hate this GAME...
  • Options
    dehgrahdehgrah Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    dehgrah wrote: »
    I passed!

Sweet!!!!! Congrats !!!!