Options

Passed the Network + Exam on Wednesday.

DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
I passed my Network + on Wednesday. Now I'm studying for the Security + and 70-640/642 exams. :)

no time for a break must keep chugging along!

Comments

• Options
    DyasisDyasis Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Grats man! keep trucking along!
  • Options
    Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats keep on studying hard! Good luck on your future exams
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on the pass. Good luck with all of them.

You'll find that the Security+ will be relatively easier after just doing the Network+. The wording of the questions is similar on both exams and the Security+ builds on a lot of the Network+ knowledge. In contrast, the Microsoft exams are completely different.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Keep on pushing
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @Deathmage - congrats on the Network+ pass and good luck on the Security+ icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    it's so hard to choose. I really want the MCSA:2008 cert before it expires in 6 months. I've already read those books recently and only in the past month did I focus heavily on the A+ and Net+ material once I decided I was taking vacation for this week a month ago I started re-reading the Comptia book and here I am. I do the MCSA stuff at work on a daily basis just never got certified in it and I sort of want to be, you know to make sure I'm learning the correct way instead of the 'ad hoc' manner.

Ever since Hurricane Sandy basically leveled our Corporate HQ in Moonachie, NJ I've been hard pressed to use all of the material in the Net + and MCSA:2008 material while shooting from the hip in terms of wtf to do. However I've managed to make things work because I'm a quick learner.

I suppose I could take the Sec+ exam along with the MCSA exams, the testing facility is literally 20 minutes from our Factory in Middletown, NY so in essence I could do one exam every month. But I just bought your book Darrell so hopefully it's a easy read. :)
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @Deathmage - the MCSA 2008 is NOT retiring in 6 months, neither are its constituent exams: Retired exams
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    Ivanjam wrote: »
    @Deathmage - the MCSA 2008 is NOT retiring in 6 months, neither are its constituent exams: Retired exams
    huh I guess your correct. I remember reading an article by Ed Tittel @ Tom's Hardware about the MCSA:2008 begin retired on Jan 13th 2014. I guess Microsoft must have changed that recently.

Here is a better question since Microsoft is more confused about what to call there certs than I am to pick a shirt in the morning. Which is higher now, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate or Microsoft Certified Server Administrator? - both have the same acronym...
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on pass, keep up the good spirit and good luck on sec+ and MS exams!!!icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Excellent! On to the next! icon_wink.gif
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    shart1971shart1971 Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!