Linux+ Pass!

TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
This morning I knocked out the LX0-102 with an 800/800 :). So I now officially hold Linux+, LPIC-1, and NCLA. Next up: CWNA
* Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
* Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
* Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration

Comments

• Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!! What material did you study, and how long did it take you to feel ready for the exams? I'm going to do them next year just want to know what I'm up against.
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Congrats TechGuy215! Nice score to boot icon_cheers.gif

BTW you also get the Novell DCTS...it's pretty much a throwaway cert so I wouldn't list it on your resume or anything but...if you're trying to paper your walls it's a good one to toss up there.
  • TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Arod95. I've been using Linux for several years now, so honestly I didn't have to go crazy with the books. I would recommend downloading a distro and just playing with it, try some labs (you can find a ton online for free). Lsud00d, I see the DCTS cert, didn't even notice that one! lol
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks I kind of figured, I'm probably gonna get a Linux book not for the test but more just to get me started, and once I probably get started then I'll probably go more cert focused. Gonna take awhile to get use to linux
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

I'm currently working on the Linux+. I picked up the CompTIA Linux+ Study Guide for exams: LX0-101 and LX0-102. I'm hoping it won't be too hard since I have experience with Red Hat, SuSe, Ubuntu, and Fedora.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! I'm working on this now. The only experience I had before starting to study was using live cd's and a few little things here and there. I'm using the sybex study guide and the essentials book and basically playing around with a bunch of different distros mostly on vm but also on my spare laptop and desktop just to get that physical feel (both had bad HDDs when I got them so I just do install and play around then do another clean install or whatever.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□