My new CCENT book is available! New ICND2 book out in Sept

todd@lammle.comtodd@lammle.com Banned Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
Amazon.com: CCENT Study Guide: Exam 100-101 (ICND1) eBook: Todd Lammle: Kindle Store Right now it is available via Kindle, but the print version will be out in less than 2 weeks. This book is probably the most intense CCNA book I have ever written, and is the largest to date! It's important you don't get fooled by the name Cisco Certified ENTRY Network Technician (CCENT). Compared to the existing CCNA, this new CCENT is much more detailed and harder. I worked really hard on this book and included more figures per chapter than in any past book. Everything is new and updated to the latest objectives. Let me know what you think! Thank you, Todd Lammle

Comments

• DyasisDyasis Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you Todd! I'll be going for CCNA very shortly so this is perfect timing :)
  • bbarrickbbarrick Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I pre ordered the paperback Friday, looking forward to it. :)
  • todd@lammle.comtodd@lammle.com Banned Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I forgot to mention that I have some of my videos included with the book, and a free LammleSim IOS version that can be used to run through all the hands-on labs found in the book. I'm finishing my ICND2 Sim now that the book is done, and all of the extra material can be downloaded for free. in addition, if you email me your receipt to todd@lammle.com, I'll send a wealth of extra bonus material, labs, preconfigured Packet Tracers (if your part of the academy), and lots of extra study material. Thank you! Todd Lammle
    Awesome, thanks Todd. Will their be any sort of practice tests included as well?
    Yes, there 280 in the book, and another 200 downloadable with the bonus material. Also, lammle.com has a subscription with 1500 CCNA questions.
  • blueberriesblueberries Banned Posts: 138
    Todd, I enjoy your books a lot.

Do you happen to have anything for the CCIE level coming down the pipe?
  • d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    nice!! :)
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • DhonzikDhonzik Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Todd,

I already pre-ordered your book thru amazon and will email you the receipt. I am just starting off on this long journey to cisco certification. Currently, hold just Microsoft certs.
  • IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice, I'm already a CCENT but I'm looking foward to reading this book anyway.
    Are there any plans for a CCNA 200-120 single book ?
    Yes, I have finished the ICND1 book, the ICND2 book, and am in the process of just finishing the Composite book that comprises of material for the ICND1 and ICND2 exams, as well as the 200-120 composite exam. Thanks! Todd Lammle
  • DissonantDataDissonantData Member Posts: 158
    If you have completed the CCENT exam, is it okay to just go straight to the ICND2 book?
    yes, absolutely. My book is done and the e-book will be available in a couple weeks. Todd
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A few questions:

1) If I preorder a book on Amazon, do I just send you the invoice?

2) The Packet Tracer Labs. Alot of the free PT Labs I've found online require you to perform all the basic configuration (assign hostnames, assign IP addreses, etc...) for every single lab, even for advanced (ICND2) topics. This wastes my time when I'm trying to do a lab for let's say ACLs and I have to go an assign hostnames and IP Addresses to every single device. I have basic config. and subnetting down and if I didn't, I would be doing the basic config or subnetting labs.

Are your labs also like this or do you simply set everything up so that I just have to deal with the topic at hand, be that ACLs, NAT, DHCP, whatever.

3) Does this include labs on ACLs and Troubleshooting, the two topics I'm most in need of right now?

4) I went through the Cisco Net Academy (all 4 semesters) years ago, but didn't take the CCNA exam at the time. [I started studying over again - forgot alot and the exam has changed also - on my own and passed CCENT last month]. I can still get the PT Labs, correct?
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1) Regarding the PT Labs, some of them require host names and such, not all of them.

2) All the lab topologies are setup, you just need to enter your configurations

3) Yes

4) Yes, if you purchase his book (Paperback or Kindle version), you can get the PT Labs. You'll need a copy of your receipt -
    My New CCENT Book is Available! - Lammle Forum

hth
  • blueberriesblueberries Banned Posts: 138
    Todd ignored my question. Well, you can't win 'em all.
    I didn't ignore you, I'm just pretty busy! :) I've finished 4 books this year and am now updating the CCNA R/S Review guide and IOS 15.0 Secrets book, and then finishing the 2nd book in my CCNA Data Center series. It's been a really busy, rough year for me. I don't have anything for CCIE. I just am too busy, and want to finish my Data Center books, and finish my actual Data Center that I built in Tampa.
    I just sent in the last Bonus exams for the Composite 200-120 single book that will be out in about 6 weeks. Thanks, Todd
    I didn't ignore you, I'm just pretty busy! :) I've finished 4 books this year and am now updating the CCNA R/S Review guide and IOS 15.0 Secrets book, and then finishing the 2nd book in my CCNA Data Center series. It's been a really busy, rough year for me. I don't have anything for CCIE. I just am too busy, and want to finish my Data Center books, and finish my actual Data Center that I built in Tampa.

Need a future CCENT/CCNA in Tampa? I'm heading that way soon, hopefully. :)
    I just sent in the last Bonus exams for the Composite 200-120 single book that will be out in about 6 weeks. Thanks, Todd

That's awesome. I'm going to test on the old ICND 2 in 3 weeks, but I'm really looking foward towards the Composite 200-120 book anyway. Could be helpful to study it before moving into CCNP studies.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How about the release of CCNA data center 640-916 :) can't wait for it!
  • kharkenkharken Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    does your ccna study guide 7th ed. exam 640-802 still a good review material for the new ccna curricculum exam?
    kharken wrote: »
    does your ccna study guide 7th ed. exam 640-802 still a good review material for the new ccna curricculum exam?

Tell you what, I have a CBT subscription and I've skimmed over the new CCNA series with instructor Jeremy Cioara and the old material is not enough. I'm currently midway preparing for the icnd 640-816, and I've seen a bunch of stuff in that material that is now in the new CCENT material. Likewise, the new ICND 2 has CCNP topics filtered in there, multi-area OSPF, ospf 3. Overall it goes deeper. The old material probably covers about 80% of the new exams, also the new exams have eliminated a few things everyone had to learn for the older ones.

That's why after my CCNA I'll dedicate a month or so just studying Lammle's CCNA 200-120 book as the required knowledge just seems like a really great way to transition into my CCNP studies.
  • Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    kharken wrote: »
    No, unlike my 6th edition, which could have "mostly" been used for the 640-802 exam and in place of my 7th edition, with supplemental info, the new test 100-101, 200-101 and 200-120 (CCENT, ICND2 and CCNA R/S) need to have ALL new material. Sure, Ethernet is Ethernet, subnetting is subnetting, OSI, TCP/IP, but there is no way you can pass a new exam using my or CP's old books. They are just too different, which is good, but hard for people that have been studying for a year or more. Cisco should have given us 9 months instead of 6. Thanks for writing! Todd Lammle
  • Hammerhead786Hammerhead786 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I see that Amazon are shipping the CCENT book in the US, anyone know when Amazon Canada is going to start shipping this?
  • RockinRobinRockinRobin Member Posts: 165
    Got mine in the mail yesterday, already preordered the CCNA book. Thanks!
  • cw3kcw3k Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does candidates usually get both Lammle and Odom books?
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Tood, Great fan of your work. If I do not pass the 640-822 in Sept I will be buying this book. I am currently using your CCENT 640-822 book for my studies.
    Thanks for the update
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • JLAW904JLAW904 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm sure I'll be getting a copy. Your Network+ Study Guide helped me just earn my Network+ certification. But what you said sort of scares me. The new CCENT is harder then the old CCNA??? icon_sad.gif