Options

Sscp

Has any passed the SSCP recently? Could you please advise me on what you used to study to help you pass? Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    aaronwaaronw Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just passed the exam a little over a week ago. In terms of books, I used the SSCP All-in-One Exam Guide and the Official (ISC)2 SSCP CBK Guide. I also used CBT Nugget videos.
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    aaronw wrote: »
    I just passed the exam a little over a week ago. In terms of books, I used the SSCP All-in-One Exam Guide and the Official (ISC)2 SSCP CBK Guide. I also used CBT Nugget videos.

How much overlap/familarity would you say there is between SSCP and Security+?

I'm going to test on SSCP once I get my CEH done here in the next 10 days or so.

Also got the All In One book for SSCP. Pretty good so far, I'd recommend it.

Glad to see you put in a word for the CBT nuggets...maybe that's the inspiration I need to sit down through it.

With those two, my experience and studies for Security+, and my 5 years experience, I should be good to go.

*crosses fingers*
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    I'd say there is a lot of familiarity between SSCP and Security+. SSCP certainly goes into more depth on some topics. Referencing the Candidate Information Bulletin is recommended.

How long have you been preparing for CEH?
  • Options
    horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
    So, after I pass the Comptia Security + I was thinking of taking SSCP exam then I discover GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
    so its SSCP vs GSEC

Which one should I study for ?

Thank you forum so much for your much needed advise
  • Options
    Is there a specific need where you think GSEC would be better recognized/desired over SSCP? For me the first thing that comes to mind is price. GSEC is 4X more at $999.
  • Options
    aaronw wrote: »
    Is there a specific need where you think GSEC would be better recognized/desired over SSCP? For me the first thing that comes to mind is price. GSEC is 4X more at $999.

IDK just asking ....
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jvrlopez wrote: »
    How much overlap/familarity would you say there is between SSCP and Security+?

I'm going to test on SSCP once I get my CEH done here in the next 10 days or so.

Also got the All In One book for SSCP. Pretty good so far, I'd recommend it.

Glad to see you put in a word for the CBT nuggets...maybe that's the inspiration I need to sit down through it.

With those two, my experience and studies for Security+, and my 5 years experience, I should be good to go.

*crosses fingers*

Thanks for the info. That's what I had in mind after glancing over the study material for SSCP. It was actually pretty helpful to cross reference all the material from Security+, CEH, and SSCP and have each other help with the others.

I've been studying for CEH for about the last month and a half. Luckily my job gives me comparable experience with the concepts and with some of the tools as well.

I'm ready to test, except EC Council hasn't got back to me yet about submitting payment after my supervisor verified my experience. Since they email my work account and I only work nights, it's been a slow process staying in the loop.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    jvrlopez wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. That's what I had in mind after glancing over the study material for SSCP. It was actually pretty helpful to cross reference all the material from Security+, CEH, and SSCP and have each other help with the others.

I've been studying for CEH for about the last month and a half. Luckily my job gives me comparable experience with the concepts and with some of the tools as well.

I'm ready to test, except EC Council hasn't got back to me yet about submitting payment after my supervisor verified my experience. Since they email my work account and I only work nights, it's been a slow process staying in the loop.

a quote with in a quote ....

Good luck on your test C|EH

I feel your pain ...
    I was interested in E|CSS, EDRP, & ECSA... I email them two months later and I am still waiting on them
    And I made up my mind to take the Comptia Security plus