Options

ID10T Error!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Get a call working the late shift.

User "My PC is not working at all, I need you to come down here. I need to get some reports done"
    Me- Can you explain the problem?
    User "Nothing is working at all.

When I get there the PC is working normally.
    Me "So what isn't working for you ma'am?"
    User "The pictures are in the wrong spots and I cant get to my files"

Turns out someone rearranged the icons on the desktop and the user was not used to it.
  • Options
    vanquish23vanquish23 Member Posts: 224
    MrAgent wrote: »

LMAO you just made my night because I am sitting at work for 12 hours. Great video!
    He who SYNs is of the devil, for the devil has SYN'ed and ACK'ed from the beginning. For this purpose, that the ACK might destroy the works of the devil.
  • Options
    Scorch1Scorch1 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    MrAgent wrote: »

Just watched this, this was funny!
  • Options
    galorybergaloryber Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I love it when "NOTHING is working". Okay... show me..... " I enter my password and I go to Start and I open Outlook and I type this email and I click send and it sits in the outbox, I googled it and I didn't know what they were talking about"

Okay... So everything is working. Just your email won't send.
    Or "the network is down"... really?! I'm pretty sure I'll know that before you do. Just because spotify isn't working for you doesn't mean my entire network gave up.

I had one user that "couldn't send an email". Upon visiting his desk to see what the heck he was talking about, he was actually typing into the address bar of IE using this format "www.mrJimSmith@contoso.com" and clicked go. He started screaming and swearing when "it won't send the F*n email!" (that he didn't even realize he hadn't typed yet....). It's almost embarrasing to have to open Outlook for him and click new message, something prior to then, he has been doing for 5 years without issue.
  • Options
    neo9006neo9006 Member Posts: 195
    Hmm, remind me not to work at helpdesk, I would either be fired for laughing or saying to myself me, one of the two, these are some funny stories and made my day better, I needed a good laugh.
    BAAS - Web and Media Design
    Working on A+
  • Options
    TotinoTotino Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    "My hotmail is down. It's all Microsoft's fault. Now I can't get to my bank of america account or pay my cell phone. What did you people do to my computer. Microsoft's servers are all down so I can't get on the internet in my hotel room. They broke my computer and the internet. Nothing is working"

Then she continued to argue with me for about 10 minutes about how Microsoft broke the internet in her hotel room. And this was a VP mind you. It's astonishing these people run companies.
  • Options
    powmiapowmia Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 322
    I had a guy that couldn't get the username and password prompt to come up on windows XP. Instead of hitting CTRL+ALT+DEL, he was typing it out... c t r l + a l t + d e l
  • Options
    powmiapowmia Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 322
    The grandest of them all, however...

Federal agency spent $3 million fighting non-existent malware - Jul. 9, 2013

Mental.. that's the only word I have for this.
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Wow. I need to open a user training company.

Wait a second ... I might not have the patience ...
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    SirbloodySirbloody Member Posts: 112
    I had a user two weeks ago state that she accidently turned off her laptop and did not know where the power button was to turn it back on.
    WGU: BS-IT Security (Start Date 1 June 2013)
    Classes Left: EUP1, BOV1, TXC1, TXP1, TYC1, TYP1, LUT1, QBT1, INC1, INT1, GAC1, HHT1, COV1, CQV1, QLT1, BVC1, RIT1, BNC1, IWC1, IWT1, DJV1, TPV1, CVV1, CJV1, CNV1, AGC1, CUV1, EUC1
    Completed: CPV1, AXV1, DHV1 BBC1, WFV1, CLC1, CTV1, DRV1. DSV1, LAE1
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My favorite is the sales manager at one office I worked complained that her computer was running slow back in 97. She had a Win2K with the minimal ram to run office etc no powerhouse.

How did she get a copy of Windows 2000 in 1997?
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    "I need to put in a change request with the equipment custodian to get a bigger monitor."

"Ok. Why do you need a bigger monitor?"

"I don't have anymore room on my computer for files."

Inferring that they had too many desktop icons.

"I think I have a virus on my computer...everything I click on or highlight gets deleted."

"Is your delete key stuck?"

"...nevermind, it fixed itself."
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    redline5thredline5th Member Posts: 119
    *Power goes out*

Lady calls me on her cell and wants me to "remote into her PC and turn it on"...

Lol wut.
    WGU - Bachelors in Information Technology

“The liberty of speaking and writing guards our other liberties.” -- Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The best one I can think of was when I got a call from a user saying CDs never play when he puts them in his computer. He said he was going to be away from his computer during a meeting and it would be ok if I stopped by to look at it while he was gone. I stop up and notice that he has an older tower... the crazy thing was that he didn't have a DVD drive. I looked around and didn't see any other computer. This had to be it. The tower was VERY old. The user was borderline retirement, so not sure if that is the reason they let him keep using it. I was told prior, that he did not know computers and didn't care for them and rarely used it. He was in marketing, so I'm guessing that someone along the line someone asked him to look at something. Anyway, since I was there, I figured I'd open the computer and use some canned air to spray it out. I opened the tower and what happened?? THREE frickin CDs came rolling out! The front of the tower had a couple front panels where the drive bays were. He must've thought the slots inbetween the panels were a DVD drive and forced them in there. LOL The best part is it happened three times before he called us to say CDs don't play in his computer. I guess he never wondered why they disappeared also. He was a very good guy. I had the pleasure of helping him quite a bit after that. I never told him about what I found thought.