Options

CompTIA Certificate Frame?

ScottAAScottAA Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the Network+ exam and received my certificate and card. Where can I get a certificate frame for a CompTIA certificate since the size is 8.5"W x 5.5"H?

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Just go to any store that sells basic frames and pick up a matte and a frame larger than your certificate so it is balanced in the frame. If that doesn't makes sense, take your certificate in with you and ask the people working. Typically, you will find a frame that is larger than the document or you car go with a custom frame...or a make your own (were you pick the side lengths you like.! An 8" x 10" will likely be just fine. A 9 x 6 with a matte will be fine, but those are not as common for an off-the-shelf frame.

Frames are not cheap.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    GregA wrote: »
    We have some very nice certificate frames for IT certifications including CompTIA at certificatespecialties.com. A couple of the CompTIA certificate frames also have an opening for the wallet card that comes with the certificate. These are high quality custom frames that will display your certificates very nicely.

Cool frames, but the prices are outrageous!!! I bought my frames at Target... icon_lol.gif
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    paq7512paq7512 Member Posts: 102 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Office Depot $10
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Out of curiosity, do you mount the certificate or is the owner responsible for that?
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, you are responsible for framing it. The certificate arrives in a folder and its up to you to figure out what to do with it or how to frame it.

Here's another, easy alternative:

Get a piece of construction paper that matches the frame size, use a glue stick to mat the certificate to the construction paper, and place and seal it in the frame. The frame cost me $2 iirc.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    You guys frame yours? I just lock mine in the house safe....doh....
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have them framed but not displayed. Might put them up after I get my CCNA in the mail but I'm in no rush. They're just sitting on my nightstand right now.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    jvrlopez wrote: »
    Get a piece of construction paper that matches the frame size, use a glue stick to mat the certificate to the construction paper, and place and seal it in the frame.

Just don't be surprised 5 or 10 years down the road, when the glue has turned yellow and brittle, and has burned its way through to the front of the certificate :)
  • Options
    You should have something better that you are certified in within five to ten years :P
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Is Net+ frameworthy?

Not knocking your accomplishment as I remember how proud I was with my first certification (Sec+) but you will soon learn that there are a number of more prestigeous certs out there.
    I appreciate CompTIA sending the cert as it's more than can be said about Microsoft, but all my certs go in a folder labeled "Certifications" and get filed in with my important papers

Welcome to the forums!

In other news... Why does CompTIA include a laminated ID card? I feel like an uber nerd with them in my wallet, lol.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    403Forbidden403Forbidden Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    *Whips out single fold wallet and flashes the CompTIA A+ card*
    "A+ Certified Computer Technician, Don't worry young miss I'll fix your computer woes!"
    *Plugs laptop back in and it turns on*
    "Oh thank you A+ Man!"
    "No need to thank me young miss."
    *Hands a piece of paper to the young miss.*
    "What is this A+ Man? Your phone number?"
    "Why Yes it is! Also, your bill. Have a nice day!"
    *Flies away.*

All in the day of the life of a field tech.... :/
    Also, I framed my certs and proudly display them.
    The customers awe in amazement at my seemingly super human powers with computers. :/
  • Options
    BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    Haha buy the frame now and just replace it with more prestigious certs you acquire over time!
    (Meanwhile my CISSP sits in a folder in a fireproof safe somewhere....cause I'm paranoid)
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    seanpcrowe wrote: »
    I found these but they are very VERY expensive...

CompTIA® Certificate Frame Black with Black Mat & Card

This one is pretty cool, but man that is pricey
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    I take it you've never priced custom framing. Go to your local shop and ask them to frame a diploma/card with a two opening, printed mat. Guarantee you it's more than $100 unless you go to a hack.
  • Options
    TheFonzTheFonz Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Amazon has frames that fit my certificates perfectly... and the price is right!!

http://www.amazon.com/8-5-5-5-Certificate-Frame-measuring/dp/B00ADM0UJ6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
  • Options
    BaackBaack Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Try going to big lots if they have them where you live
    Decent selection
  • Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    I buy all of my frames at Wally World for 2 bucks icon_lol.gif
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    *Whips out single fold wallet and flashes the CompTIA A+ card*
    "A+ Certified Computer Technician, Don't worry young miss I'll fix your computer woes!"
    *Plugs laptop back in and it turns on*
    "Oh thank you A+ Man!"
    "No need to thank me young miss."
    *Hands a piece of paper to the young miss.*
    "What is this A+ Man? Your phone number?"
    "Why Yes it is! Also, your bill. Have a nice day!"
    *Flies away.*

All in the day of the life of a field tech.... :/
    Also, I framed my certs and proudly display them.
    The customers awe in amazement at my seemingly super human powers with computers. :/

This man has won the best post award. Epic Lulz have been had.
    Kindly doing the needful
  • Options
    LOL! Epic indeed. We seem to be blessed with a lot of witty members.
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    ratbuddy wrote: »
    Just don't be surprised 5 or 10 years down the road, when the glue has turned yellow and brittle, and has burned its way through to the front of the certificate :)

I put the original somewhere safe and use the PDF copy to print one on cardstock. That holds up nicely taped down in a frame.
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I make my own frames out of wood.

However I dont have any certs I think are worth framing yet.
  • Options
    -hype-hype Member Posts: 165
    BGraves wrote: »
    You guys frame yours? I just lock mine in the house safe....doh....

Mines are all in one of those 3$ Avery binders, under my bed ...
    WGU BS IT:Network Administration
    Started: 10-1-13
    Completed: 9-21-14
    Transferred: 67 CU Completed: 54 CU