Options

Need OF AD for 70-642

JanitJanit Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
hello guyz

Its been 2 weeks since i had started preparing for 70-642,the only thing which i doubt is the familiarization with AD DS for DNS..i mean do i have to be aware of active directories to study DNS for 70-642,as even in the MsPress books its given with AD DS and i ran into a few demo practice exams which included questions on DNS with AD...

Any suggestions are welcome

P.S-I am in trouble if i have to be familiar with AD as i have no experience with AD,just wanted to hit the buzzer on 642 first.icon_silent.gificon_confused.gif:icon_exclaim.gif

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well you may get lucky and not get any AD related question on the 642, but it's really beneficial if you knew something about it. These are Microsoft tests and they can very well include AD questions. You MUST get experience with AD to have a decent chance at any 2008 exam or any server exam for that matter. Dont rush these tests, your aim should be to learn the material not just get that bit of paper.

Questions on the 642 could ask you about AD integrated zones, replication scopes, publishing printers to AD, GPO's etc . You'd better know some AD...!!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Thanx Essendon for showing concern,

So I guess the stuff about AD in the Mspress book for 70-642 shall do or like do i have to study 70-640 simultaneously and then think about taking 70-642?
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You dont seem to have any experience with servers, I'd recommend you start with a bit of both or preferably with the 640. You need a decent grounding in AD concepts for most of these tests, it'd make sense to start with 640 first. Look at the Resources threads at the top of this sub-forum for preparation material and go from there. Dont rush these tests, they arent easy (arent impossible to pass either!) and will require lots of labbing/reading.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Well Thanx a ton Essendon you seem to have put me out my misery icon_cheers.gif
    so i'm gonna hit both of em 642 and 640.
    Much Appreciated.Thanx again icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    bgold87bgold87 Member Posts: 112
    Start with the 70-640 before anything else, but I wouldn't study anything BUT the 70-640 material as it is very in depth and there is a lot to know for the exam.
  • Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    I agree, start with 70-640. I believe if you have zero experience you should start off with 640 then move to 642 then finally cap it with the 646.

It's difficult regardless because there is a lot of overlap in all of these exams. Your best bet is to create a lab (virtual or physical) and mess with the integration process, how each piece fits together, ect.
  • Options
    Yea i have a lab setup for that the only thing i need is theoretical knowledge via study materials and all..anyways thank you all guyz for suggestion ima gonna go with 640 first...cheers icon_study.gif
  • Options
    Dunc the PunkDunc the Punk Registered Users Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Janit wrote: »
    So I guess the stuff about AD in the Mspress book for 70-642 shall do or like do i have to study 70-640 simultaneously and then think about taking 70-642?

After passing the 70-640 and starting to study for the 70-642 I would recommend this approach. I've found lots of good info in the 70-642 that were in the 70-640 exam. For example, I had a question regarding Network Monitor filter code!