Options

Certification for security professional

amitkumar363amitkumar363 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear All,

I have 4 years experience working as an IT security professional (in technical support and pre-sales role). I have been involved in implementing security in various softwares such as standalone softwares, web applications, client server application, android application etc. against IP protection (intellectual properties) and protection against licensing.

I am looking for such certification which best suites my profile and help me going ahead..

Need your advice..

Thanks,
Amit

Comments

• Options
    SharkbaitSharkbait Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A+ and Network+ are certificates that prepare you for the CompTIA Security+ cert. With 4 years experience in the security field, you should probably be able to get Darril's Security+ training book, study the Professor Messer's training videos for Security+ on Youtube, take the practice exams that are here on this website (and other pre-exams elsewhere) and then go ahead and take the Security+ exam.

-Sharkbait-
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Welcome to the forums Amitkumar363. There are a lot of variables, but I echo Sharkbait - Security+ is probably the best IT security certification based on what you posted. It can help you going forward too and later add in other certs such as SSCP and/or CISSP. Good luck.