Old ICND1 new ICND2 advice (IPv6)

dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
Although I said I was having a month of I have already started preparing to study for the ICND 2 200-101.
I read that there was some IPv6 in the new CCENT and you are expected to have a good grasp of it for the ICND2.
Has anybody here done the new ICND2? How much reading up on IPv6 should I do before tackling the ICND2?
Goals for 2013 Network+ [x] ICND1 [x] ICND2 [ ]

Comments

• RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Do you not have the study materials for the ICND2? It should let you know what to expect on IPv6
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    if anything you could always get the new odom book for icnd1 for $27 and the last part is dedicated to just IPv6 they have 5 chapters dedicated to it.
  • NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The IPv6 routing material in Odom's ICND1 book seems light. I reviewed the OSPFv3 section and the main idea was: (1) the operation is rather similar, (2) there are some hidden differences, and (3) you should know a couple key configuration changes. They don't seem to expect you to understand the new LSA types or how the feature set's changed. They do want you to be comfortable turning it on and running show commands you already knew from OSPFv2.

On the other hand, seems like enough addressing material that being unprepared for IPv6 would be unwise!

Odom's ICND1 book or Lammle's ICND1 book are both good options. :)
  • dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
    Thanks for the advice guys. I'll see if I can get hold of one of the books.
    Lammles new CCNA book would be ideal conme to thing of it.
    Shame it isn't out yet.
  • wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass man! I'm just managing to squeeze in the old ICND2 on the 16th Sep but if I fail I'll be doing the new one. Is there a lot more to learn on the new one?
  • dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
    Thanks dude!
    IPv6 is a lot more in depth than on the old one apparently. I have a had a quick look and it seems to be the case