Pearson Network Simulator Lite: ICND-1 100-101??

Jgonz2848Jgonz2848 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone have any experience using this Simulator. I just got through the first 7 chapters of my Cisco Official Cert Guide and it all felt very familiar mostly because I had just passed N+. However, I just started reading about the Cisco IOS and I feel as though I need a visual aid. My book comes with a download for the "CCENT NTW Simular Lite" however I feel somewhat overwhelmed by it. I could really use a simple IOS interface onto which I can execute simple commands as I read about them in the book. The Network Lite simulator that came free with my book seems to be geared more-so towards completing Lab Objectives. Is there a particular mode or other freeware network simulator onto which I can simply execute random tasks as I read about them in the text or basically, any simulator that you would recommend. Secondly how would I go about finding that simulator online? Thanks in advance.

Also, as my bonus question I'd like to know how you would recommend committing IOS commands to memory. Since passing chapter 7 I'm noticing that every other chapter ends with a long chart of between 20 and 50 different commands at least. Is it necessary to commit all of these commands to memory? If so how do you reccomend doing it?

Comments

• bbarrickbbarrick Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Try the free version of Boson simulator.

I haven't taken a test yet, so take my advice for what it's worth. I plan on going in with a solid familiarity of the commands, not necessarily memorizing each and every single one of them but familiar and confident enough that I can use the IOS ? and tab(I believe it is that finishes the command for you?) to do what I need to get done.

If you notice the response around here when those who are certified talk about studying the usual response is lab, lab, lab.

Which is probably where you will learn the commands rather than the book itself.