Options

Interview for job not sure about

epcgepcg Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
I usually do a background check on companies I'm applying for. Anyway saw a admin job looked up the company all looked good and applied. Well I looked up the wrong company. This is one of those outsource companies that come in and fix things for places. From all I can find and that's very little it seems ok. They are small little business but looks like you would be at the end there. No room to grow. Just can't get excited about the interview at all.

Last week I had an interview that I was shocked I even got. Went awesome they said things in the interview that I just knew was good. Now I'm spring chicken been on all kinds of interviews but I went into that one excited and left on cloud 9. They sold me on that place I wanted to work there before the interview was dieing to work there after the interview. Even did the follow up email the day after. Only thing I forgot was to ask what will be the next steps. But this interview coming up just don't give me the warm fuzzy feelings. So anyone ever been through this before? If so how do you handle it?

Comments

• Options
    TheProfTheProf Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 331 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you're not interested, just reply back saying you won't be able to make and that you decided to pursue other opportunities, no point in wasting anyone's time. Of course, taking the interview doesn't mean you have to accept the job either. Also keep in mind that in the interview, you'll be asking questions to find out about the company itself just like the company will be finding out about you so that should give you a good insight into the business.

I've declined interviews in the past... nothing wrong with that.