Options

Comptia's Strata IT Fundamentals test

missjanayamissjanaya Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Has anyone taken this test. I have been studying for the A+ but not as regularly as I'd like does anyone think this test will hurt or help? The test is about $92 and I think it may be a way to boost confidence. Anyone have any free materials to help study? I am a little nervous about A+ so any advice helps. icon_study.gificon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    SteveFTSteveFT Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 149
    missjanaya wrote: »
    Has anyone taken this test. I have been studying for the A+ but not as regularly as I'd like does anyone think this test will hurt or help? The test is about $92 and I think it may be a way to boost confidence. Anyone have any free materials to help study? I am a little nervous about A+ so any advice helps. icon_study.gificon_study.gif

I don't know anything about the Strata to be honest, but I understand that it is lower level. From what I have seen, A+ is kind of the baseline certification. I can't imagine anything below it being considered.

What makes you nervous about the A+? Do you have any background? Ever built a computer? Repairs for friends? I had been out of doing anything with a computer for 6-7 years and with 4-5 weeks of study I passed the 801, 802 coming up on Monday.
  • Options
    missjanayamissjanaya Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have never been a great test taker. I have been studying for A+ since 2012 (via one of those for-profit universities and self study) I don't want to waste my money on one of the most expensive exams. I have gotten a start in IT via sales and also supporting a web based software application. I am in a role now as a service desk analyst. I have a degree in a totally unrelated and unmarketable field so I would like to stay the course with IT. Please advise if you have any.